IGNORED

Question about the different XB versions

moulinaie

Hi,

To add some things to MLC, I need to free some space.

I noticed there are some pieces of code I use that are already present beteween >2000 and >24F4. I could jump into them and save some precious bytes.

I know Extended Basic, I have the cart Super Extended Basic and they both have the same routines at the same place just after a CALL INIT.

Are there other XB versions?

If so, are there ROM Images I could load into Classic99 ?

And last, are they commonly used or very rare?

Guillaume.

Hi,

To add some things to MLC, I need to free some space.

I noticed there are some pieces of code I use that are already present beteween >2000 and >24F4. I could jump into them and save some precious bytes.

I know Extended Basic, I have the cart Super Extended Basic and they both have the same routines at the same place just after a CALL INIT.

Are there other XB versions?

If so, are there ROM Images I could load into Classic99 ?

And last, are they commonly used or very rare?

Guillaume.

There are only 2 versions of XB 110 ROMS and those are the normal XB ROMs and Miller Graphics XB ROMs. And the only difference is 2 bytes are change in the upper ROM pages.

Also use the RXB Source code I put out for the Lower 8K XB support as I removed the extra unused bytes loaded by normal XB.

The team that wrote the GPL never talked to the team that made the XB Assembly Support as it loads unneeded bytes that do nothing.

It was written in hand on my original copy of the XB source code in the Assembly section but did not get updated.

Now where the Assembly loads in RXB is exactly the same as normal XB but the unused bytes can be used for saving values or whatever.

Rich

There are only 2 versions of XB 110 ROMS and those are the normal XB ROMs and Miller Graphics XB ROMs. And the only difference is 2 bytes are change in the upper ROM pages.

What was the purpose of the MG XB?

The team that wrote the GPL never talked to the team that made the XB Assembly Support as it loads unneeded bytes that do nothing.

It would seem that after TI XB initializes that space one could reclaim it, then?

What was the purpose of the MG XB?

It would seem that after TI XB initializes that space one could reclaim it, then?

Miller Graphic XB included a better editor and several new commands inlcuding VPEEK and VPOKE and GPEEK and GPOKE. Also others same as in RXB.

Actually you do not need to Initialize it for RXB to use it that is only required in TI XB.

it also exist the 2 basics from Mechatronics : Mechatronics extended basic 1 & 2 , Extended Basic II Plus

no just two

Mechatronics extended basic is a same of ti extended basic

and the two is apesoft Extended Basic II or apesoft Extended Basic Plus is a same

jean louis

it also exist the 2 basics from Mechatronics : Mechatronics extended basic 1 & 2 , Extended Basic II Plus

no just two

Mechatronics extended basic is a same of ti extended basic

and the two is apesoft Extended Basic II or apesoft Extended Basic Plus is a same

jean louis

Like I said there are ONLY 2 VERSIONS of XB 110 ROMs. Normal XB and Miller Graphics.

LOL I have looked at all of them from disassembled versions that I got from Mike Wright and others.

I had to see if anything anyone else had done could be done to RXB. I did not want to be behind the curve.