IGNORED

New game in development "GREEN LITTLE QUAK QUAK"

matashen

Hello Lynx owner,

i work on a new title.

If all will going the right way it will be released this year.

The game is in alphastatus. The basics are running. The first gfx is done.

So its time to inform you as i promised in other threads.

Here the Game in short:

Title: "GREEN LITTLE QUAK QUAK"

or "LITTLE GREEN QUAK QUAK"

its not final what name it gets

a clone of two popular old games

Freeway and Frogger

You can choose beetween this modes and i also plan to integrate multiplayermode like Bugger! does it on the Falcon.

Planed Releasedate: When its done.

The titlescreen

post-17785-0-11302000-1328999056.gif

Frogger-Mode. The first Image was a little reworked, cause Frog-mode does not run corectly at the moment for a nice screenshot shown.

post-17785-0-13060100-1328999058.png

post-17785-0-75349700-1328999060_thumb.png

Freeway-Mode

post-17785-0-41105700-1328999059_thumb.png

Regards

Matashen

Edited by matashen
  • Like 5

Nice - adding this to the list on my topic

I've got a list of suggestions for names, cause quak sounds like a duck and Green Little Quak Quak? Really?

Freeway Frogg

Lynx Frogg

Ribbit

Lynx Ribbit

Froggie Run

Lynx Froggie

Frogrun

Frog Runner

The Frog Runs...

Run, Frog, Run!

I like Freeway Frogg and Frog Runner best myself.

Edited by AtariLynx Lover

(Though I'm not too keen on the name - Quak Quak sounds more like a duck quacking than a frog ribbeting.)

I've got a list of suggestions for names, cause quak sounds like a duck and Green Little Quak Quak? Really?

Now THIS is interesting.

What we have here is a perfect example of cultural differences.

The thing is that the German frog does not "ribbet", but traditionally quaks.

Proof:un9wz3v1ypti.jpg

This pic says "The Frog says quak". Very true. Now of course it may be that in other cultures a less sophisticated, more primitive kind of frog has spread. Zoologists will probably agree that such a breed of frog is a relic from prehistoric times, when frogs were still barbaric creatures swinging wooden clubs. Surely our glorious German frogs would like to study their inferior relatives in zoos.

A fine example of the German frog: hhq4uyptqnb.png

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 4

(Though I'm not too keen on the name - Quak Quak sounds more like a duck quacking than a frog ribbeting.)

Now THIS is interesting.

What we have here is a perfect example of cultural differences.

The thing is that the German frog does not "ribbet", but traditionally quaks.

I never knew. Perhaps Freeway Frogg or Frogrun? Frogg Runner?

Looks great Matashen!

Will this be released as an actual cart, or will it be for flashcarts and emulators?

An actual cart (or card, whatever you want to call the Lynx media), no less. :) With case and manual as Lynxopoly used. . :)

@AtariLynx Lover

We may consider a new name, but we will take time to decide. Even just between only us two, matashen and I could not agree on either "Green little quak-quak" or "Little green quak-quak". Now with even more suggestions this might very well delay the game until 2018. :P

oh no!

i dont want call every game Lynx....

I hate the names by Nintendo where every game on SNES is called Super......

I dont want Frog Frogg or anything like that in the name. These days many companies are very strictly about non licensed remakes.

With this two things its even not possible to call it Lynxfrog.

This thread should not be to search a Name.

I can not care about every culture call the sounds a animal does.

Its very interesting but i dont want waste to much time for it.

If its to iritating we can take the title complete in German "kleiner Grüner quak quak" :evil:

Regards

Matthias

• Like 1

Hello Lynx owner,

i work on a new title.

If all will going the right way it will be released this year.

The game is in alphastatus. The basics are running. The first gfx is done.

So its time to inform you as i promised in other threads.

Here the Game in short:

Title: "GREEN LITTLE QUAK QUAK"

or "LITTLE GREEN QUAK QUAK"

its not final what name it gets

a clone of two popular old games

Freeway and Frogger

You can choose beetween this modes and i also plan to integrate multiplayermode like Bugger! does it on the Falcon.

Planed Releasedate: When its done.

The titlescreen

post-17785-0-11302000-1328999056.gif

Frogger-Mode. The first Image was a little reworked, cause Frog-mode does not run corectly at the moment for a nice screenshot shown.

post-17785-0-13060100-1328999058.png

post-17785-0-75349700-1328999060_thumb.png

Freeway-Mode

post-17785-0-41105700-1328999059_thumb.png

Regards

Matashen

Looks great Matashen!

Will this be released as an actual cart, or will it be for flashcarts and emulators?

An actual cart (or card, whatever you want to call the Lynx media), no less. :) With case and manual as Lynxopoly used. . :)

@AtariLynx Lover

We may consider a new name, but we will take time to decide. Even just between only us two, matashen and I could not agree on either "Green little quak-quak" or "Little green quak-quak". Now with even more suggestions this might very well delay the game until 2018. :P

@matashen

looks awesome. i like the Name little Green quak quak :D

sounds good that you release the game as a Card.

That looks great! Looks like a very colorful game.. I dont see any problem with the name, although I also have to admit that quak (which sounds a lot like quack) is more common for ducks in english. "ribbit" is considered more for frogs. From the top of my head I can suggest "A frogs life"

but maybe it all doesn't matter, because it looks good as it is :)

Btw, 108 stars, looking at those graphics makes me regret to decline your help for my current project... but for the next one I'll definitely want it if you have time :)

Edited by Ninjabba

oh no!

i dont want call every game Lynx....

I hate the names by Nintendo where every game on SNES is called Super......

I dont want Frog Frogg or anything like that in the name. These days many companies are very strictly about non licensed remakes.

With this two things its even not possible to call it Lynxfrog.

This thread should not be to search a Name.

I can not care about every culture call the sounds a animal does.

Its very interesting but i dont want waste to much time for it.

If its to iritating we can take the title complete in German "kleiner Grüner quak quak" :evil:

Regards

Matthias

"kleiner Grüner quak quak" sounds like the "Quelle" Releases for the 2600.

I like it and i vote for it!

Btw, 108 stars, looking at those graphics makes me regret to decline your help for my current project... but for the next one I'll definitely want it if you have time

Thanks for the kind words, it´s great fun to do Lynx graphics. Especially trying to make everything look very colorful with only 16 colors on screen. :)

It´s important not to use only one color for an element of the graphics, say the frog. You must put a shade or highlight (or both) on it too, even if the color is used somewhere else in the background too. It still gives the viewer the impression of a more plastic, and more colorful sprite. To be able to do that it is good to adjust a palette so its colors can be used in several ways. Like the wood swimming in the water has a reddish brown, which in turn can also be used as a shade for the red cars etc...

And for the Lynx everything must be especially colorful and saturated to make up for the stone age LCD screen which lets everything look kind of like through milk glass.

I still have a lot to learn about this myself, and using a limited system like the Lynx really helps. This game here and World Karate Tour also give me much more room to try and improve graphics than Lynxopoly, which was very minimalistic in the visual department. :)

As for Dragon Saga I would have loved to help for two reasons: I love JRPGs, it' s my no.1 genre... and I have experience doing JRPG style graphics. But I absolutely respect your will to see this through on your own, it is a huge job. All the more reason to be proud when it´s done!

Just be sure to polish it well so it blasts us all away! :)

One little tip for Dragon Saga: If memory allows it, try to do some tiles to break the monotony. Like NES games usually have ONE tilr for houses´ brick walls, ONE tile for floors, ONE tile for grass... the ore memory allows you, the more you should have alternative tiles for such things that look slightly different, and make the pattern less monotonous.

And for your next project, you can count on me.

And now we can get back to the completely original game we have in the works atm, which is no clone and not inspired by anything, dear lawyers from Konami and Activision. :D

Edited by 108 Stars
  • Like 1

Yes, graphs are really nice, I just reloaded an old alpha test version of Karate World Tour yesterday, you really make astounding graphs for the Lynx.

With Matashen's programming skills, I'm confident that the games will be a hit.

As for Dragon Saga I would have loved to help for two reasons: I love JRPGs, it' s my no.1 genre... and I have experience doing JRPG style graphics.

Well, if you don't mind coming to France for the AC show in April and make graphs in 24h for a silly themed coding contest, you could have a really frightening experiment in terror :D

I'm curious.. is there something with a save feature going to be included?

And now we can get back to the completely original game we have in the works atm, which is no clone and not inspired by anything, dear lawyers from Konami and Activision. :D

Amazing.. do you guys ever sleep?

One little tip for Dragon Saga: If memory allows it, try to do some tiles to break the monotony. Like NES games usually have ONE tilr for houses´ brick walls, ONE tile for floors, ONE tile for grass... the ore memory allows you, the more you should have alternative tiles for such things that look slightly different, and make the pattern less monotonous.

Thanks for the tip. I am aware of the repetition.. its mostly on the SNES that this variation is introduced, and I'm targetting a more of a NES style. Memory is the biggest issue on the Lynx.. but lets stay on-topic :)

Edited by Ninjabba