IGNORED

Atari arcade games which should come to xbla

bloodreptile

I was thinking that they should optimize blasteroids for a release. I always loved that title....

Space Duel is on games room so that is good...

also Asteriods is on there but I think its the stainless version

then there is also Asteriods Deluxe but that game was always too difficult....

Edited by bloodreptile

I thought the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sucked, but the Atari arcade game was pretty sweet!

I'd like them to bring that to the game room, heck I just wish they'd start supporting the game room again. I'm guessing it's all but dead now as far as new releases go.

I thought the movie Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom sucked, but the Atari arcade game was pretty sweet!

I'd like them to bring that to the game room, heck I just wish they'd start supporting the game room again. I'm guessing it's all but dead now as far as new releases go.

I think Krome the studio that was publishing the stuff went belly up. When you think of it they could have had a huge hit on their hands but the pricing policy was just not right. There is no way that Combat or starship are worth the same amount of cash as Food fight or Amidar or tutankamen

I agree about the indy game it would have been superb to relive that game... and of course return of the jedi.....

Very much of a missed opportunity....

Yeah, I really liked Gameroom. What sucks the most about this is people are going to point to it and say, "There's obviously no market for re-releasing older games. The world needs more military first person shooters!"

Anyway, I'll vote for Firefox.

• Like 1

I'd be up for buying these old arcade games if they would price it at under 400 points. Or better yet, release the game on XBLIG and charge 80 points or 160 points.

I'd love an arcade version of Warlords. No fancy reimagined version that sucks and costs too much.

I'd love T-Mek!!!!!! Steel Talons!!!! Cyberball with 4-player online play!!!!!!! Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back. Return of the Jedi. Klax. Road Runner. Primal Rage. For the newer Atari arcade games, I'd pay 400 points.

Area 51. Heck, with how awesome Child of Eden is with Kinect controls, I don't see why all light gun games don't get ported to Kinect.

Edited by onlysublime

Yeah, I really liked Gameroom. What sucks the most about this is people are going to point to it and say, "There's obviously no market for re-releasing older games. The world needs more military first person shooters!" Anyway, I'll vote for Firefox.

So true.... yeah firefox.... that was a cracking game... I used sit down and play that one....

also Asteriods is on there but I think its the stainless version

then there is also Asteriods Deluxe but that game was always too difficult....

Asteroids and Asteroids Deluxe are accurate emulations of both games via Game Room. They're not the same code as the earlier and poorly recieved Stainless XBLA release. I've ran both in demo mode and they ran fine, unlike the Stainless attempt that didn't even have all the sound effects present.

They should bring out some late '80s/early '90s Atari arcade titles, like Badlands, Super Sprint, etc. Those would make great online-multiplayer games.

Sadly, these belonged to Midway and Midway went belly up. Whoever owns most of the IP (I don't think we really know exactly who bought what) isn't doing much with it. I think it's viewed that Warner bought most of it and they've only done something with their Mortal Kombat franchise so far (EA bought the NBA Jam franchise and Microsoft bought Hydro Thunder).

Even if Warner was interested, Krome didn't seem to be working too hard to gain support from other publishers. It was all Atari Corp, Activision, Intellivision Productions, and Konami releases to the end (The same partners and the platforms they started with on day 1).

Wish Microsoft would restart the thing and get someone like Code Mystics onboard.

Edited by Atariboy

I would just like to see someone make a half decent joystick to play the games already released.

Yep. This.

if you're willing to spend money, there are some nice ones out there.

heck, there's a Mortal Kombat stick that uses Happ components and comes with the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection, which features the original Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat II and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for $49.99 which is a pretty darn good deal (normal price is $130). It's on sale right now. Even comes with memory foam to sit softly on your lap:

http://www.pdp.com/p...r-xbox-360.aspx

mortal-kombat-fight-stick-20110605001436628-000.jpg

Of course, the Street Fighter stick is well-regarded and made of arcade parts that are interchangeable:

41JsuuQYTTL._AA300_.jpg

But a cheap alternative is the Tekken stick:

41DjUNDmKHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I bought my Tekken stick with the game for $35 (on sale of course). Normal price is around $70. You can replace its guts with true arcade components (though it requires some knowledge of soldering/desoldering).

Edited by onlysublime