IGNORED

Some Under $20 Game Deals from Amazon

Mendon

A few Wii games that are on sale for under $20 from Amazon:

Centipede Infestation - $14.74 I had quite a bit of fun with this game. Not the best, not the worst.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VJGIDU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003VJGIDU

Alien Syndrome - $7.61 Been awhile since I played it but I enjoyed it quite a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000NJH6ZA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000NJH6ZA

House of the Dead 2/3 Return - $15.29 Its got zombies... its got guns... nuff said!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WCQWR6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000WCQWR6

Resident Evil Blaster - $9.99 Hey if you're going to kill zombies, do it in style!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SI39E2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B001SI39E2

Ghost Squad - $13.21 Another shooter from Sega I had some fun with

[http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RF7164/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000RF7164

Mendon

• 2 months later...

Ya know, I've heard/read a lot of good words about this game but never got around (for whatever reason) to buying it. For $10 I'm picking it up!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Mendon

A couple more:

Madworld: $8.28 - another game I've heard a lot of good things about but never played.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019SY1D4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0019SY1D4

Rayman Origins: $19.34 - I cannot praise this game enough. Has to be one of the BEST overlooked games ever released.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SVFB0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0050SVFB0

Mendon

Metroid Other M for $7.99 (free shipping for members) at Best Buy.

I cringe whenever I think of this game. It probably gets better later on, but in the beginning, the combination of the awful story, the incessant hand-holding, and the poor level design led me to not even bother getting very far into it. Even at that price, I don't think I will give it another chance. :|

Curious to know what you think of it when you give it a shot!

Metroid Other M for $7.99 (free shipping for members) at Best Buy.

I cringe whenever I think of this game. It probably gets better later on, but in the beginning, the combination of the awful story, the incessant hand-holding, and the poor level design led me to not even bother getting very far into it. Even at that price, I don't think I will give it another chance. :|

Curious to know what you think of it when you give it a shot!

Actually I played it when a friend let me borrow it for a weekend. It was pretty good but really different from prime (obviously) or any other Metroid I played. Team Ninja hasnt been a very good developer after half of them left years back. I remember Samus talking too much....you coudn't scan things and it just didnt feel like Metroid at all. I remember there was a bug in the game too.

All bad things but for some reason I kind of still had fun with it.

When I get it I'll try and focus on playing it and beating it cause I never did. Hopefully I wont end up hating it.

Edited by cimerians

I agree, Cimerians. Other M is different from the Trilogy and pretty much a game onto its own. During the first level or two I was grumping "What the heck... this ain't Prime", but then after completing a couple more levels I found myself interested in the world and action that the game presented and ended up enjoying the game quite a bit.

Its sort of funny.... when Prime was announced there were a lot of people yelling about it being a FPS game but they ended up praising it. When Windwaker was announced there were a lot of people yelling about the art work of the game but they ended up praising it. Other M..... I'm not sure the masses ever accepted it.

Maybe if it hadn't been named Metroid the game itself might have received a much better reception.

Mendon

Another under $20 game:

Raving Rabbids Party Collection: $16.44 - Includes 3 games: Rabbids 1, Rabbids 2, and Rabbids TV Party. TV Party gets the most play of the bunch at my house as its my grandson's favorite but all three are a blast. Hunting Rabbids with a Plunger Gun FPS style is my favorite.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004CUOD70/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004CUOD70

Mendon

Maybe if it hadn't been named Metroid the game itself might have received a much better reception.

Mendon

Thats interesting way of putting it. Yup if it was something else totally different I think it would be a lot more accepted.

I'll have to look into TV Party. I always need party games for the kids and this collection looks great.

Edited by cimerians

Raving Rabbids Party Collection: $16.44 - Includes 3 games: Rabbids 1, Rabbids 2, and Rabbids TV Party. TV Party gets the most play of the bunch at my house as its my grandson's favorite but all three are a blast. Hunting Rabbids with a Plunger Gun FPS style is my favorite.

Mendon

I just picked up RR Party Collection. I paid $24.99 (new), but since we've never played any of the Rabids games, there is such value to this collection! Getting 3 different releases for $25 ($16 at Amazon is awesome savings!) , you can't go wrong. Thanks for jogging my memory about these games. Really, anything Ubisoft does is worth my money.

Yep... the Wii is a sweet console for cheap, good games. Other M and Madworld both rock. Spent less than $20 for the lot! Dragon's Lair Trilogy is surprisingly well done on the Wii. Punch-Out is a steal, too, and well done for the cash. Lots of retro compilations can be had for cheap, as well. It doesn't get great reviews, but for a cheap, retro fix, Namco Museum Megamix can give you a quic Pac-Man/Galaga fix. Pac 'N Roll is a decent little title, too. Geometry wars can be had for under $10... definitely worth the cash. Lots of quality Wiiware out there for a few bucks, too. And for the six Wii users out there who don't do homebrew (and the associated SWEET emulators on the Wii), the Virtual Console titles have dwindled in frequency quite a bit, but there's alredy alot to choose from. Bit.Trip.Complete.... if you don't own the Wiiware titles, get it NOW. If you already own the Wiiware titles, the extra modes STILL make this worth the $15. For a FPS fix, Metroid Prime Corruption is cheap, ever since Trilogy came out. Lots more out there, but these are just a few snippets.

...Namco Museum Megamix can give you a quic Pac-Man/Galaga fix.

I always see that one around. I've wondered about it, but I also wonder if I really need yet another Namco compilation...

Well, if you have the Remix edition, I'd say this isn't worth it, but if you don't, it's a nice $10 package. Pac 'N Roll is worth the admission alone.

Ah, I didn't know there were two different games. The covers even look almost exactly the same.

I think Remix is the one I always see in the bargain bins, and it's always $20, which doesn't sound like a nice $10 package at all =/

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that Amazon has Rampage: Total Destruction on sale for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GQ1FVQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000GQ1FVQ

I had a lot of fun with this game when it first came out and this is a pretty good price for a fun two-player game. I'll have to introduce my grandson to this title the next time he comes over.

Mendon

• 2 months later...

I agree, Cimerians. Other M is different from the Trilogy and pretty much a game onto its own. During the first level or two I was grumping "What the heck... this ain't Prime", but then after completing a couple more levels I found myself interested in the world and action that the game presented and ended up enjoying the game quite a bit.

Its sort of funny.... when Prime was announced there were a lot of people yelling about it being a FPS game but they ended up praising it. When Windwaker was announced there were a lot of people yelling about the art work of the game but they ended up praising it. Other M..... I'm not sure the masses ever accepted it.

Mendon

I like the game myself. It's nice they tried something different with it.

• Like 1

Mendon

I like the game myself. It's nice they tried something different with it.

i absolutely hated Prime.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

13 bucks

Sin & Punishment.....love this game.

Wish I had gotten that when Meijer had a "buy two $20 games, get one free" deal...oddly enough, right afterward, S&P2 went back to being $50 instead of $20...

But I didn't have much money left, and there weren't three games I wanted (maybe another Lego game)...had just gotten Punch-Out!! shortly beforehand =/