IGNORED

SUPLIST Basic?

Larry

"SUPLIST Basic" and "Mandala Magic" were a couple of programs written back in the 1984 (or so) period. The programs were sold through user groups -- (IIRC) the user group bought a license and then could distribute it to all its members. It was for a long time, "the best of the best" in listing unlistable Basic programs. Finally I ran upon a program that it couldn't touch, so I contacted the author who still lived at his original address. He sent me an updated version (SUPLIST BASIC II) for maybe $10 that was compiled with the ABC compiler. In addition to other minor improvements, the program ran much faster. That was important because the original was so very slow -- it took a half-hour to re-list a 150 line Basic program. Good, but very slow. And of course, his program is well hidden on the disk.

Unfortunately over the years the new disk became unusable -- probably something that I did accidently writing over it or such. By then the author had moved on, so there was no chance in getting another copy -- unless anyone has a copy of it or has made a regular disk out of the original. I certainly have other good LISTERS, but losing that one has always been irritating.

By any chance does anyone have a copy or either an unprotected version of the original or version II? If so, please PM me.

Thanks,

Larry

Larry,

Try this link to Gury's Page 6-- Unlock 1.2.

http://gury.atari8.i...e_code/2642.htm

It is also in the Holmes CD2 under \Programming\Basic\unlok2.bas ...

This might be it I have used it for several unlistable programs.

Like this one..

MENU.BAS

Good Luck.

Edited by rdea6

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Roy, I appreciate your efforts.

I have a bunch of these "listers" (some quite sophisticated), but these are not the one I'm looking for. I may have to do it the "old fashioned way" -- slug my way through the multiple hidden directories and see if I can find all the "hidden stuff."

-Larry

Hello Larry,

attached you will find some Atari Basic Listers and Deprotectors I have in my collection. The program you are searching for is surely not among them, but maybe these programs are usefull too. The ATR image contains six programs:

BASLIST.BAS: one of the first Abbuc programs, this one can deprotect Basic programs that are protected with Poke Peek... usually in the last line of a Basic listing

RSTATION: the Repair Station, a compiled Basic program, it can deprotect various Basic list protections, except the one mentioned above in BasList.BAS (Poke Peek...); fixed programs are saved in tokenized form as *.FIX

LISTBAS.COM: another Basic deprotector by a german hacker; it can deprotect various list protections and show the listable file on screen, printer or diskette (on disk it is using the List-format, so you have to use Enter"D:Filename.Ext" to load it)

Deprot4.BAS: and another Basic deprotector program

Deprot5.BAS: yet another Basic deprotector program

Decode.BAS: still another Basic deprotector program

All remaining 1-sector files are extremely small tools that I use from time to time (e.g. Basic-off, Coldstart, etc.; usually I append games/apps/demos to them so they switch off Basic or do a coldstart when Reset is pressed, etc.)...

Greetings, Andreas Koch.

bas_listers.zip

• 11 years later...

Well, it's been over ten years, so I'll ask again.  Still looking for Suplist Basic II.  I suspect it is incredibly rare, since AFAIK, the update was never advertised. 

The author lived in San Francisco, I believe.  (San Diego, actually)

16 minutes ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Do you know which user group would have made the program available? 

WICA  West Indy Computer Alliance

It likely also made its way to AUGI  Atari Users Group of Indianapolis.

If you are only looking for good results, you should also check out

Altirra (have a look at these debugger commands:.basic_rebuildvnt, .basic_rebuildvvt, .basic_save)

or MemoPad which also detokenizes BAS-files (they must have this extension to be recognized).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DjayBee said:

If you are only looking for good results, you should also check out

Altirra (have a look at these debugger commands:.basic_rebuildvnt, .basic_rebuildvvt, .basic_save)

or MemoPad which also detokenizes BAS-files (they must have this extension to be recognized).

Both those tools are very interesting -- thanks!

18 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

I guess it depends how badly you need the program and want to bother people. Not sure he's still alive but, according to the White Pages, the former President of the user group is still in Indiana.  

He's deceased, and I was Librarian at the time of the purchase.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

He's deceased, and I was Librarian at the time of the purchase.

I see...

Say, I'd like to add pages for the programs on Atarimania so they can gain some visibility. Can you provide the name of the author? You can send me a PM if you don't want it to be displayed here. Also, what was Mandala Magic? Please confirm the commercial status as well.

Thanks.