IGNORED

ELIZA for ECS: would be interesting project?

vprette

Thinking about another ECS project, I look at Eliza artificial intelligence chat

it would be not a game, in line with portfolio of ECS that promote different kind of application, this one being a basic doctor/psychiatric help

is this interesting?

I guess the parser to be implemented in Colossal Cave could be released as open source and reused for such program as Eliza..

Edited by vprette

How about the game Hacker instead?

http://en.wikipedia....28video_game%29

I would rather play games on my Inty than have a conversation with it ;).

this one is interesting.... but I want to figure out some potential application to reproduce the original intents of mattel, proposing ECS as a computer with casual tools...

also Eliza was developed exaclty during the years of intellivision

Edited by vprette
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well ok. Does anyone have any IntelliCode for working with the voice module? Well, working from ECS Basic?

Hmm... I'm not sure if the ECS BASIC supports the Intellivoice. I guess theoretically, you could Peek & Poke your way in there, but I would imagine it'll be much too slow...

-dZ.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked up the Eliza program and it looks like it is 1766 characters long. They say the ECS has 2K which should be 2000K characters, but I was curious what the true amount of characters a person would have to work with?

If there is enough memory I'll type it in and see if the ECS basic can handle it, save it, and try to make a wav file of the program for others to load.

I looked up the Eliza program and it looks like it is 1766 characters long. They say the ECS has 2K which should be 2000K characters, but I was curious what the true amount of characters a person would have to work with?

If there is enough memory I'll type it in and see if the ECS basic can handle it, save it, and try to make a wav file of the program for others to load.

Wait, you mean to enter it in ECS BASIC? Hmm, that's not what I was thinking... never mind.

A few things of note:

• BASIC is not stored in characters, but in tokens.
  • Each command or keyword comprises a token.
  • Only strings are stored in characters.
  • Numbers are stored as 2 16-bit words (4 bytes).
  • Some memory is reserved for variable space.
  • I believe the ECS EXEC also uses up some of that 2K RAM during runtime.

With that in mind, it's not as straightforward to know what size the program will take in memory or if it would fit at a glance.

-dZ.