IGNORED

Release v1.0 of a web based TI-99/4A (Extended) Basic Editor

Fredrik Öhrström

I present to you, the latest web based software as a service, that you didn't know you needed. :-)

A web based (Extended)Basic editor for the TI-99 4/A.

If you go to http://nivelleringslikaren.eu/ti994a_basic/ then you can upload TIFILES containing basic programs (raw cassette extracted files also work), edit the program and download a new TIFILES with

the changed program. Ready to be inserted into a disk image and loaded with OLD DSK1.....

You can of course write your program from scratch too.

Please let me know if you experience any problems. One known issue is how to deal with basic programs loaded into extended memory. I think the game Aztec on tigameshelf is such a program. Any hint on how to deal with it is greatly appreciated. The source is available for experimentation and improvements.

Happy hacking!

//Fredrik

• Like 5

Willsy: I got my TI-99/4a on christmas 1981 and used it a lot for several years. Never got the PEB, but had a memory expansion brick. Wrote machine code on paper and translated it manually into CALL LOAD(...) statements with the 9900 reference manual.

Great fun!

sometimes99er: I'll check the IE support as soon as I get to a macine with IE.

matthew180: Neat idea, the TIdBit thing!

I could add a standardized way to inject text into the edit window. If you

create a <form> post to nivelleringslikaren.eu/ti994a_basic/cmd_insert.php

where the source is supplied with a textarea, named source.

Edited by Fredrik Öhrström

Ok matthew180, have a look at the source at http://nivelleringslikaren.eu/ti994a_basic/example.html

If you add a similar post button to the TidBiT translator, the generated source from TidBiT will be pushed into

the editor window automatically.

Hey Fredrik, pretty slick tool. It might work good with the TIdBiT translator (http://codehackcreate.com/archives/237) that you didn't know you needed. ;-)

That is great! :-) I published a few small programs in Programbiten, under the name Fredrik Nilsson, which was my surname at the time.

You might want to have a look here: http://nivelleringslikaren.eu/nittinian

Do you know if there are more Programbiten contributors here?

For those who do not understand swedish. Programbiten was a non-commercial interest group that published a very detailed and interesting magazine. Programbiten (subtitle nittinian) was published between 1978 and 1994! It covered the TI-59 at first and then the TI 99/4a.

Edited by Fredrik Öhrström

That is great! :-) I published a few small programs in Programbiten, under the name Fredrik Nilsson, which was my surname at the time.

You might want to have a look here: http://nivelleringsl...en.eu/nittinian

For those who do not understand swedish. Programbiten was a non-commercial interest group that published a very detailed and interesting magazine. Programbiten (subtitle nittinian) was published between 1978 and 1994! It covered the TI-59 at first and then the TI 99/4a.

Very nice. Glanced through a few of them. I had a TI-58, PC-100C printer and then a TI-59 too. Quite a lot on Forth there actually. Apparently also a Swedish version of Forth, running on both EA, MiniMem and XB. Then also a quick rundown on statement differences between TI Basic and XB. Only thing in the string handling department was RPT$, which just made me realise could be the reason why Wilhelm's Compiler gave up on me (with compile errors) just a few days ago. And so it was. Hehe.

Yes, the compile functionality of the web-page tries to distinguish TI basic source code from TI extended basic source code, to know if it should treat OR (et al.) as a keyword or not. Not foolproof though.

Then also a quick rundown on statement differences between TI Basic and XB. Only thing in the string handling department was RPT$, which just made me realise could be the reason why Wilhelm's Compiler gave up on me (with compile errors) just a few days ago. And so it was. Hehe.

That is great! :-) I published a few small programs in Programbiten, under the name Fredrik Nilsson, which was my surname at the time. You might want to have a look here: http://nivelleringsl...en.eu/nittinian For those who do not understand swedish. Programbiten was a non-commercial interest group that published a very detailed and interesting magazine. Programbiten (subtitle nittinian) was published between 1978 and 1994! It covered the TI-59 at first and then the TI 99/4a.
Very nice. Glanced through a few of them. I had a TI-58, PC-100C printer and then a TI-59 too. Quite a lot on Forth there actually. Apparently also a Swedish version of Forth, running on both EA, MiniMem and XB. Then also a quick rundown on statement differences between TI Basic and XB. Only thing in the string handling department was RPT$, which just made me realise could be the reason why Wilhelm's Compiler gave up on me (with compile errors) just a few days ago. And so it was. Hehe.

Wow! That's very interesting indeed. I think there is probably a lot of European TI software (German, Dutch, French, Swedish) that is probably forever lost to us. A real shame.

Wow! That's very interesting indeed. I think there is probably a lot of European TI software (German, Dutch, French, Swedish) that is probably forever lost to us. A real shame.

Page 7 ... http://nivelleringsl...an_1983_nr4.pdf

Very short and loose translation (being a Dane reading Swedish is a piece of cake).

The groups version of Forth is ready. Requirement is 32K and either MiniMem, EA or XB. Also you need cassette deck or disk system. How to order. No need to specify what cartridge you've got, the program works with all three. Documentation is not very comprehensive. Order through the groups ABC account.

- Interesting also, since I had access to a Luxor ABC80 - and before the ZX81/Timex and TI-99/4A.

Yes, we had our own Forth version, which was called PB-Forth (Programbiten Forth). It had some nice specialities, like being able to run with a cassette system.

I'd not say all that software is lost. I have several hundreds of diskettes that still work with a lot of this software on them still. I have a working 99/4A too.

• 1 year later...

Well, to do that efficiently requires some conversion to an uploadable format. Have to figure out how to do that, then, since I haven't tried that.

The Swedish Forth, called PB Forth (ProgramBiten Forth) is the only one I know of which actually can run from cassette as well.

I've been scanning a few more of the newsletters now, issues Fredrik didn't have access to. I have every one of them ever published.

Edited by apersson850