IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 7

Austin

I didn't get the extra ball for beating my previous 'high score', but I still managed: 177,772,170.

I don't think you realize what you've done.

Probably won't play this one again unless you guys beat this score (then I will). :)

:P

Edited by GKC

All right Boog, I think you've got this one in the bag. I don't feel like playing again after these last few games I had. It takes way too long and is way too much work to rack up decent points in this game, only to get cheated out of a better game because of terrible physics and little ball control.

Oh, the 10 Billion bug hit me, too! :lol:

post-24675-0-34171300-1330754376_thumb.jpg

think i'm done.. last game was only around 70million.. starting to really hate this game.. no ball control as stated.. can only hit the scream ramp and left targets, everything else seems to be luck.

Austin.. what was the name of that one Saturn pinball game that was really good? I've still been buying a lot of imports.. I have Last Gladiators and Hyper 3D Pinball... was it Pro Pinball that was the really good one? I'll have to go back and check out your videos again.

think i'm done.. last game was only around 70million.. starting to really hate this game.. no ball control as stated.. can only hit the scream ramp and left targets, everything else seems to be luck.

I feel you man! It was fun at first, but after a few days of play it went completely downhill.

Austin.. what was the name of that one Saturn pinball game that was really good? I've still been buying a lot of imports.. I have Last Gladiators and Hyper 3D Pinball... was it Pro Pinball that was the really good one? I'll have to go back and check out your videos again.

Ah, Saturn pinball games.. There's some good stuff there:

Pro Pinball is great, yes. True Pinball is also solid. Both were released in the US.

Necronomicon is the Japan-only follow-up to Last Gladiators. It goes for more money (might cost you $30ish), but it's worth it. The physics are better overall, although it doesn't have as many tables (three, as opposed to four).

Fantastic Pinball is another Japan-only exclusive, made by Technosoft. It's along the same lines as games like Alien Crush and Devil's Crush (or Devil Crash/Dragon's Fury on the Genesis/MegaDrive, that Technosoft ported from the TG-16/PC Engine Devil's Crush). It's bright and colorful but has that same top-down, multi-level play style that a lot of people like.

The only other pinball game I can think of on the system is Pinball Graffiti. It sucks though, so stay away from it!

Yeah, it's very cartoony. However, it's got that nice 32-bit 2D style that should be familiar to Saturn users. Always loved how smoothly everything looked, scaled and animated during that generation, in terms of 2D anyway. It's a fun game, and difficult, too.

Pro Pinball is mega-cheap, last I checked, so definitely look into that as well.

Well, while testing my Jag (I swapped the shells), I ended up getting hooked into yet another game of Stones 'n Bones. Don't get me wrong, I still hate this game, but I found out that you can get a *lot* of points by shooting the Tower area successfully (right loop, basically) after hitting the left ramp (the one where you activate the kickback). If you hit the left lane on that ramp, the Screams ramp will light, but the right loop will light as well (it's a red light). It turns out that loop is a "Millions!" loop, and it increases every time you hit it successfully while it's flashing. One time I activated the Tower, got the light flashing, and ended up with an easy 10 million points (5 million from the "Millions" lit right loop, and another 5 million for the mode lit on the Tower).

So, why was I unaware of this? Because I could never hit the damn thing to begin with!

With a bit of practice I was able to start hitting it regularly. Just remember that the ball has to go through the left ramp first, on the left lane, in order to light the right loop (at least I am fairly certain that's how it works).

The moral of this story? Forget the screams--go for the lit right loop! Keep in mind you also kill two birds with one stone here--you might unlock the Tower at the same time for spelling "KEY", which opens up other bonuses. :thumbsup:

Also, one thing I caught during this game is if you manage to hit one of the drop targets and activate a "ghost" (the left ramp will light), you will get an extra ball. I'm not sure if this is every ghost you get though--I didn't pay attention to it until I got the second or third one (which was by luck of course, I can't hit all the drop targets to save my life).

ah ok yeah I know of the million point loop but never have been able to hit it with any sort of consistency. I didn't realize it had to be lit up though either. Hmm.

Basically the goal would be to get it up to 5 million+. You should be able to rack up a good score pretty quickly if you can do it consistently! I might give it another go later tonight after I finish up some other web things.

gave it a shot.. i see exactly what you mean to get this bonus, but I still can't hit that damn shit very well.. AND I end up getting the ball down the vault too often instead of the other side to activate it which gets annoying.. doing this method of only going for the million bonus I was still only able to get 80million.. I dunno.. I get too frustrated and not even able to break 100million anymore. I give up (again :))