IGNORED

TI-99/4 For Sale

Tursi

Hi guys! I've decided to let someone else take on my TI-99/4 (not "A") now, I've gotten what I needed out of it (which was mostly to own a 99/4 and see inside it). This machine is fully working, I spent some time testing it. It's also in beautiful physical condition. I'm letting a friend of mine sell it through his EBay auction service, since that helps him as well as frees me from dealing with shipping and the like.

Current bid is at $100 - auction is at eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1507763227321?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=150776322732&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Was it true about the keyboard being a little bad to use? I've always liked the look of the 4 ..... I like it's 'chiclet' keyboard.

Also, a quirky question I know, but would you, could you, enable pasting into Classic99's TI99/4 mode? I know it sounds silly but I like that mode and want to fully utilise it.

(I am eccentric I know)

I might have enough of the 99/4 ROM disassembled to enable pasting now, not sure. It requires me to find a reliable place to hook the code. :) I'll take a look.

The keyboard was okay, but the 4A's keyboard is much nicer.

Machine went for $255, not bad! I wish it had been 65535! ;)

• Like 2

Thanks for you're time with the TI in advance :)

It is estimated there were a maximum of between 50,000 and 100,000 TI 99/4 units sold until 1981, which makes them collectable. That machine you had was in very nice condition.

I don't know about 65535, if I was a millionaire collector I'd have given you 16,777,216 ! ;)

Well, I figured it sold for 8 bits, I wanted 16 bits to honor the CPU. ;) 20 bits is much more of an Atari ST or Amiga price. ;)

And yeah, it really was in lovely shape. I took as much care as I could to preserve the look.

• Like 1