IGNORED

CC9900 Micro Expansion-System by Jean-Pierre Pratali

ti99iuc

Hi Guys,

as some of you know i am a TI99 Collector and when i can i purchase some Stuff for my collection.

Some days ago i purchased these items at this auction:

1) http://www.ebay.it/i...984.m1439.l2649

2) http://www.ebay.it/i...984.m1439.l2649

from Jean-Pierre Pratali (France).

now, the First object is in good condition, It is not in good condition as I expected but however acceptable.

the real problem is the second item: the CC9900

you can see (in attachment) the real pictures of the object i got.

well, becouse i'm not so happy of the object i write it to Mr. Pratali and he wrote me that

if i will ship back the item to him, i will have e refund for only this object without shipping.

i accepted and becouse i payed with my paypal account i opened a normal paypal procedure for refund.

Mr. Pratali Refused the paypal procedure and now i can't understand what want, Paypal service contacted me

by telephone and told to stop the shipping of the object until Mr. Pratali do not confirm officially

the refund of the object.

Mr. Pratali has written this text in an ebay (false) auction that now is closed:

Chers amis collectionneurs du TI-99/4A,

Non, cette annonce n'est pas destinée à remettre en vente le CC MES,

mais pour dénoncer celui qui a remporté l'enchère précédente, un italien, et qui essaie maintenant de m'arnaquer par l'intermédiaire de PayPal.

Je l'avais prévenu que je ne disposais pas des câbles de connexion, et en particulier de celui d'alimentation (connexion par DIN). Il a nénmoins maintenu l'enchère et m'a réglé par PayPal 440 EUR pour l'achat du CC MES et du Gramulator.

Et à la réception de son colis le voilà qui pleurniche : il ne peut pas utiliser le MES qu'il a payé très cher.

Je lui offre aussitôt de le rembourser des 227,98 EUR qu'il a dépensés pour cet achat. Il continue de geindre : il n'est pas riche, il comptait sur cet objet qu'il recherchait depuis longtemps, et puis voilà que celui qu'il reçoit le déçoit, c'est une ruine, la photo était trompeuse, l'objet paraissait neuf et puis les LED n'ont pas la même forme. Et puis ça va lui faire des frais d'envoi.

Il m'annonce qu'il va ouvrir un litige sur PayPal pour "objet ne correspondant pas du tout à la description". Sur un ton amical j'essaie de le raisonner : je lui dis que je vais mettre en vente d'autres objets sur eBay, qu'il pourra se rattraper. Il me dit être intéressé si je fais d'autres annonces sur le TI, mais le lendemain je reçois un message de PayPal : il a ouvert le litige.

PayPal me suspend, non les 227,98 EUR qu'il réclame mais la totalité des 440 EUR qu'il a payés pour les deux objets !

J'ai refusé alors le remboursement : je suis persuadé qu'une fois remboursé il ne me retournerait pas le MES, c'est en cela que consiste l'arnaque, dénoncée par de nombreuses personnes sur le web.

J'en suis là. Je tenais à vous faire part de cet acte malhonnète pour vous mettre en garde, et aussi pour m'excuser auprès de ceux qui n'ont pas pu remporter l'enchère.

Je me tiens à votre disposition si vous désirez d'autres renseignements.

Amicalement,

Jean-Pierre Pratali

Becouse i believe to be a serious person (and some of you know me), i do not know why him write this thing on myself.

i have the package ready to start but becouse him refused the paypal refund procedure, now i can't ship the item....

There is someone of you that know Mr.Pratali and can explain that i am not a Thief ?

Thank You and sorry for my help request in this forum... but i would want to solve this stupid problem...

I consider 99ers all like BIG Friends, but it's an evidence that ,maybe, is not for all people the same thing.

Thank you,

Ciro.

post-24673-0-14085200-1332246824_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-94556900-1332246828_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-51303900-1332246834_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-16441800-1332246839_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-12537200-1332246843_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-45928600-1332246846_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-53337200-1332246854_thumb.jpg

post-24673-0-83318900-1332246857_thumb.jpg

Looks like he's a crook. The unit that he send to you is NOT the unit in the photo on eBay. The photo on eBay shows a perfect condition unit (I think he took the picture from mainbyte.com). The unit you have is scratched, dirty, and the LEDs are different.

You should get your refund, no problem.

Heh, he links to the Mainbyte site right in his auction. According to ebay rules, that is illegal (no external links in auctions, website references, etc.) Some people think that a picture of something is the same as any other, they are just stupid like that, and this Mr. Pratali seems like he is an idiot or he intentionally ripped you off. You really have to watch out for people like that, they seem to breed on ebay. Always ask for pictures of the actual item being sold. If the seller does not have time to bother with real photos, then pass on them and find a seller who is willing.

Based on your photos, that unit has been beat to hell. Screws are missing, and the zip-tie (plastic band) inside is probably holding something in place because the screws are gone. Even if you had the power supply, I would not recommend trying to power it up until you took it apart and found out what is going on inside, replaced the missing screws, etc.

If you have the ability, the unit could be restored. Take it totally apart, repaint the case, fix the board, and get new power supply and put the proper plug on it. Don't know if it is worth all that though.

Infos about the Gramulator from the Micropendium magazine:

According to Van Coppenolle, the software needed to load and save GRAM and GROM will be built in for

instant access. A memory editor, which will be supplied on disk, will allow the user to alter and save any

program loaded into the built-in GRAM or RAM. User documentation and technical information will be

included.

Memory expansion and a disk drive are required to take full advantage of The Gramulator, he says.

It's a Cadd product, from reading a bit more in the Cyc the memory editor software source is available, i have asked cadd99.com for the documentation and the system disk for you a minute ago.

But you should be able to test the basic gramulator functions (saving and loading a cartridge) without the memory editor disk, because the software is onboard.

You can't use every Gram Kracker Software, but any Tips how to modify the TI-OS or cartridges can be used the same way.

The Gramulator can do everything the Gram Kracker can, even more.

Good luck on your return, I don't know Jean-Pierre, sorry.

• Like 1

Heh, he links to the Mainbyte site right in his auction. According to ebay rules, that is illegal (no external links in auctions, website references, etc.) Some people think that a picture of something is the same as any other, they are just stupid like that, and this Mr. Pratali seems like he is an idiot or he intentionally ripped you off. You really have to watch out for people like that, they seem to breed on ebay. Always ask for pictures of the actual item being sold. If the seller does not have time to bother with real photos, then pass on them and find a seller who is willing.

Based on your photos, that unit has been beat to hell. Screws are missing, and the zip-tie (plastic band) inside is probably holding something in place because the screws are gone. Even if you had the power supply, I would not recommend trying to power it up until you took it apart and found out what is going on inside, replaced the missing screws, etc.

If you have the ability, the unit could be restored. Take it totally apart, repaint the case, fix the board, and get new power supply and put the proper plug on it. Don't know if it is worth all that though.

Yes I agree, isn't worth all that.... also becouse this item cost me about 228 euro, and for that price i would want a good item...

i am sorry for the situation and overall for what Mr. Pratali Write for me... and his have a lot of positive feedback !... bah...

i re-packaged the item and i will ship back to him when paypal write me that i will can do it.

Thankyou Matthew ;) ...

Infos about the Gramulator from the Micropendium magazine:

According to Van Coppenolle, the software needed to load and save GRAM and GROM will be built in for

instant access. A memory editor, which will be supplied on disk, will allow the user to alter and save any

program loaded into the built-in GRAM or RAM. User documentation and technical information will be

included.

Memory expansion and a disk drive are required to take full advantage of The Gramulator, he says.

It's a Cadd product, from reading a bit more in the Cyc the memory editor software source is available, i have asked cadd99.com for the documentation and the system disk for you a minute ago.

But you should be able to test the basic gramulator functions (saving and loading a cartridge) without the memory editor disk, because the software is onboard.

You can't use every Gram Kracker Software, but any Tips how to modify the TI-OS or cartridges can be used the same way.

The Gramulator can do everything the Gram Kracker can, even more.

Good luck on your return, I don't know Jean-Pierre, sorry.

Thank you Klaus ! :D

i tried to use the Gramulator and i be able to save the wumpus game cartridge in the dsk using gramulator internal software,

after, i loaded from disk in the Gramulator the Wumpus file and when i done QUIT i be able to choice the program from TI menu without cartridge :D

so it seems to work now... i am happy to know... so the problem is only for the CC9900

Kyle, thankyou for your help and Tips ;)

Ciro.

Edited by ti99userclub

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So, does anyone have a scanned copy of the CC-9900 manual they can post or share a link to? I have done some searching and all I can find is the CorComp 9900 disk controller card manual.

It would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve