IGNORED

Oy, Willsy!

OX.

I guess I should start looking at it again. I have graphics (all animation frames etc) for 19 of the 20 levels, plus speech.

I've also got some forth source which draws level 1. Turboforth easily has enough horsepower to run the game engine. The 'logic' for the jump routine puts me off though. It looks horribly complex. When he jumps, I think it needs 6 or 8 frames, but he jumps a different.number of pixels on each frame (his jump is not linear).

I'm sure I'll get to it, as I really want to do it... need to finish the book first, which is priority #1 (doing more book work this and next week)...

:-)

I've also got some forth source which draws level 1. Turboforth easily has enough horsepower to run the game engine. The 'logic' for the jump routine puts me off though. It looks horribly complex. When he jumps, I think it needs 6 or 8 frames, but he jumps a different.number of pixels on each frame (his jump is not linear).

I would guess it could be either calculated or lists. At one point you were talking about sprites being able to fellow "paths" in TurboForth, guess you really didn't get around to that ?

Edited by sometimes99er

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgTDyBcOW0g

Work in progress. The first LOAD is loading is the engine (well, part of it). Note that it's loading source code (so, it's compiling as it loads).

The second part loads the level 1 data. The reason you see it drawing the screen rather slowly is because each level is 'described' as a custom written script language. The script is loaded from the disk blocks, the same as code. That makes editing/correcting the levels very easy, since they are described as a script language. Later on each level can load as a pre-compiled binary block, so it'll be quite quick.

The script language is shown in block 44. The actual code that implements the script language is loaded earlier.

Next steps: Get the animation engine working to move the monsters on their path and animate them. It needs to be a generic engine: The same engine will be used for every level, just different data supplied to it (via the script language).

That's Forth: The ultimate DSL engine.