IGNORED

HSC9 Round 5: Polish Selection

Welcome to the first 'special' round of the season.

As a welcome to our new players from eastern Europe plus a chance to support some new releases, we have a selection of games from Poland. Most are quick to play and we have 3 weeks before the round ends. EVERYONE welcome to join in ;)

If anyone cannot run a game, as 800/RAM/NTSC issues, then let me know (or find any substitue Polish game not played in the HSC before on atarimania etc). If anyone needs any help just post :)

The Games (also download from atarionline.pl)

Fatum (v-scrolling shooter) press space to load (shift=change weapon, space=exit shop)

Guard (h-scrolling shooter)

Fred 2 or Fred (scrolling platformer) press space to load (Fred 2 is easier, Fred is faster?)

Trix (descending pieces, line up 3 matching symbols)

Dr.Mario v7 64K (play on speed medium, if you can't beat level 5 you can play on slow if you wish!) Make sure you have the final release of the game! ("V7" on the title screen)

Bank Bang! (quick draw shooter, L/R/Up, press fire and move L/R to scroll screen)

Mini-games: Parachute 2011, Octopus

Bonus game: Getris (128K/130XE only)

ATRs with the games on (-Getris and Fatum as they are large)

HSC9Round5-Disk1.atr

HSC9Round5-Disk2.atr

(see Post 9 , Post 46 & Post 66 for more info/tips on the games!)

Scoring (We'll play for punkty!) *Tables* on Post #16

Main Games

Fatum, Guard, Fred 2, Trix (highest scores)

Bank Bang! (highest level)

5pts for winner, 4pts 2nd, 3pts 3rd-5th, 2pts 5th-10th, 1pt for 11th+

Dr Mario (press Start to set speed)

- Medium : complete level 5 for 1pt, beat level 10 for 2pts. 1pt for highest level reached.

- Hi Speed : 3pts for highest level reached, 2pts 2nd, 1pt 3rd

Mini Games

Parachute 2011 & Octopus score 50+ for 1pt, highest score 3pts, 2nd place 1pt

Bonus Game

Getris 1pt just for playing!

Points will be totalled and converted to standard HSC points; 12 for 1st place etc.

Contest ends Monday 16th April 10am BST

Have Fun!

one of this boring tris (I played many...)! lack of progress difficult, only the falling blocks and time... time... time... about 60 level counter reset

Getris

boring is not the word

It's not one I've played - if it's not too good play Dr Mario (which I have played and IS a decent game - play on Medium speed though). Wonder why it's 128K if it's not so good? I take it it's too easy? Takes too long to play? No way to start on a harder level... no hard drop... Shame as it looks nice...perhaps Tebe will do an update if you guys post some comments :?:

If anyone can suggest a couple of other good Polish games that I could add just in case (not Yoomp!!!)

I've created a couple of ATRs with the other games will add them to 1st post :)

Getris is the best tetris on Atari, in my opinion.

Scalak, I must reset it all the time :)

It takes too long before it speeds up, if it didn't clear down the board after each level it would be more difficult

I sent tebe a message so post any more comments folks as he might be reading them!!!

I've added 'Fatum' to the playlist - again looks a nice vertical shooter. Will have my first gaming session tonight. Hopefully there's enough to keep people busy ;)

I've played Trix and I like it - great music... down sides you cannot rotate the pieces (unlike in the excellent Stack-Up), too easy to double drop and unless you score 2,500 or so you don't get to see the score at the end of your go - so if you get near the top of the screen take a look!!! It levelled up at 50 lines (slightly faster)

Score 1,480

(bluecat score 1,058)

Also quick goes on

Parachute 57 (use fire to move right if you have two guys to rescue) seem to be random deaths as you can't always reach them both. Will adjust the points to reflect this.

post-19705-0-43944800-1332887627.jpg

& Octopus 35

:)

Also played

Guard - beautiful graphics, quite nice game but movement could be better (like in dropzone/defender). Got to the 2nd stage 2,171 Press Option for Hall of Fame

post-19705-0-52881700-1332887644.jpg

Fred v2 - I'm assuming Fred is the original (Polish text) ver? Really nice game lots of things to collect and after a few goes got to the 2nd stage: 3,610 . Press Option for SFX/Tune... I fancy a flake for some reason :D Read the text in game for weapons switching (diagonals)

post-19705-0-45281500-1332887651.jpgpost-19705-0-70959000-1332887657.jpg

Fatum - nice scroller - need some help from Atari Poland on the power-ups screen (I spent most of my points in the shoppe) Are we a car or a space ship? What's the story with this one? I scored 738. Press Option for SFX/Tune - more enjoyable with SFX on me thinks

post-19705-0-56141900-1332887664.jpgpost-19705-0-76417800-1332887673.jpg

Edited by therealbountybob

Played Dr M. last night - took ages to get to (completing) level 10 on medium so I've changed the format slightly - checkout the new scoring details on post 1 everyone

Thanks for the comments Caco - your English in fine :thumbsup:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Final Scoreboard on last post ;)

Are Fred and Fred 2 the same game?

So-so, Fred (also known as FRED 2) is an easier version of Fred - some places are easiest then in original verion, also music was added to game. Unfortunatelly - title screen go out :(

Interesting things: FRED version 2 was in 2 languages version: english (made probably for Zeppelin Games, used later in Querope Agency) and polish (for local L.K, Avalon). Original Fred was published in 1990, Fred with music (little easier version) in 1991. Polish and english version of Fred (2) was identical levels.

When You finished Fred 2 - try play for Fred (first vesion) - little change in level design, no music, no fx, but little harder to play.

Sorry for my english.

@trbb - where is my GTris points?

Better you than me if you go for a million or even a rollover. ;-) Definitely possible, because it doesn't get any harder beyond a certain point.

Tell you what guys, I'll make Getris 1pt for playing as it looks like it is too easy and too long to play for a HSC game. You can also play Dr.Mario. @Sikor did you find Dr.M. got much harder after level 10 or 20 on medium?

Tables updated