IGNORED

Szybki Bill

Sikor

And you want to change AtariAge into AtariowiczAgów? ;)

No. In Polish will be like "Wiek Atarowców", but real reason of my decision lies here: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/194242-atari-small-mega-dvdtorrent/ - no one respect my own rights, so - for who I'll can write in english? Maybe in future I'll make somethink for Abbuc Members, but - for this while - only maybe...

And Yes - I probably will be write in my nationality language - Polish.

Oh dear...sounds childish...

Oh, really??? Please elaborate.

Code whatever you like in whatever language you like but this just comes across as a slight because of what happened recently.

The way the comment was written by him just sounds like a bit of throwing the toys out of the pram, had he not added that comment I'd not have had an issue.

What the hell?

A complaint for what exactly, I have no idea what I have done, maybe Its because I'm old and missing something here.

Sikor was recently going on about report people to embassies etc etc and then he posts "I don't make english game. This one is Polish only, probably next ones will be Polish only too." which sounds like he's got the hump with English people which I thought was childish.

And then this, I'm at a loss to understand....

Have I ever upset you before, whats going on here, am I being called a bigot?

Explain yourself please...Do me the kindness of that,.

Edit: I've read this thread 20 times and I'm none the wiser, have I upset a clique?

Are some people beyond commenting on unless you are part of the 'in crowd'?

If yes then get over the self importance issues, its a forum on the internet ffs, if not then I really am at a loss to see any sense in this, I've only ever had good things to say about the people on here, I've been helped many times and count many as friends for what they have done, I've never had a complaint in my life on here over the MANY years I've been on here as Mclane and Mclaneinc (lost my login details, old email addy).

Edited by Mclaneinc

What the hell?

A complaint for what exactly, I have no idea what I have done, maybe Its because I'm old and missing something here.

Well, actually no one gets younger at lapse of time.

Sikor was recently going on about report people to embassies etc etc and then he posts "I don't make english game. This one is Polish only, probably next ones will be Polish only too." which sounds like he's got the hump with English people which I thought was childish.

And you probably thought he was serious? Well... maybe a bit. ;)

And then this, I'm at a loss to understand....

Have I ever upset you before, whats going on here, am I being called a bigot?

Explain yourself please...Do me the kindness of that,.

I only wanted you to explain yourself, nothing more (well, in not-so-serious way). And I realized that I made you upset. Strange things...

Edit: I've read this thread 20 times and I'm none the wiser, have I upset a clique?

Do you call your friends a clique?

Are some people beyond commenting on unless you are part of the 'in crowd'?

And haven't you been a part in the crowd in thread mentioned by Sikor above?

If yes then get over the self importance issues, its a forum on the internet ffs, if not then I really am at a loss to see any sense in this, I've only ever had good things to say about the people on here, I've been helped many times and count many as friends for what they have done, I've never had a complaint in my life on here over the MANY years I've been on here as Mclane and Mclaneinc (lost my login details, old email addy).

Ooooh, it's very kind. Too bad you haven't been so kind back then, but I think the kindness here is somewhat limited.

Ok, but I have perfect solution for you. Sit down, run Altirra, calm down, and also think about extending your language capabilities (let see by another foreign one).

PERIOD

Edited by miker

Miker,

Just my reply to finish, I'm sure you understood the clique point, there are many forums where you are considered an outsider unless you are part of the main heard people, I abhor that attitude, everyone has a voice and should be heard if they choose to speak as long as it fits within the faq.

As I said, what Sikor does is his choice, he's unpaid and can program what he likes, I don't consider saying he had been childish as an insult, more of a fun throw away comment, I'm sure he's not losing sleep over it as neither should you by it.

As for this little ditty

"Ooooh, it's very kind. Too bad you haven't been so kind back then, but I think the kindness here is somewhat limited.

Ok, but I have perfect solution for you. Sit down, run Altirra, calm down, and also think about extending your language capabilities (let see by another foreign one)."

Could you turn up the condescending control a little more, I almost missed that...

I also feel my language skills are now long since past, I'm not the spring chicken like yourself, apparently I'm told by my daughter school that I should learn Spanish as its the next highest spoken language. That will have to go on the scrapheap for me, 20 yrs ago maybe.

I tell you what, I'll go and watch tv and do what I like to do, I'll leave you to do the same, but maybe I should not say that as my kindnesss is somewhat limited here, perhaps I should not overstep my lowly position..

:)

Yeah right :)

I think when someone leaves a community with big words (like Sikor did) one can expect comments when one returns with this.

AtariAge is an international forum; an international community.

Everyone here knows there is a very active forum in Polish language. I don't see any reason but trolling Sikor is posting his Polish-only creations here.

Like I wrote earlier: I'm not interested in anything Sikor is offering, even when he published things in perfect Dutch language. He made a complete fool of himself in that other topic about piracy, and now starting this topic.

I really thought it was a 1-april joke. Obviously I was wrong.

Edited by Marius1976
  • Like 2

I think when someone leaves a community with big words (like Sikor did) one can expect comments when one returns with this.

AtariAge is an international forum; an international community.

Everyone here knows there is a very active forum in Polish language. I don't see any reason but trolling Sikor is posting his Polish-only creations here.

Like I wrote earlier: I'm not interested in anything Sikor is offering, even when he published things in perfect Dutch language. He made a complete fool of himself in that other topic about piracy, and now starting this topic.

I really thought it was a 1-april joke. Obviously I was wrong.

You trolling in this thread. If you don't interest my programs - ignore my posts. But no, you prefer trolling here.

@Sikor

Explain to us:

Why in the world whould anybody here on an English speaking forum be interested in anything in Polish, while there is a very active Polish community (where you are also active).

Do you REALLY think there is any active Polish AtariAge member that is NOT active on the Polish Atari forum?

Explain to us:

While do you say you leave... and then RETURN with this Topic, that is not trolling?

Remember it is April 2 now... too late for any jokes.

• Like 1

@Marius, yes, probably are few peoples who dont active on Polish forums.

And yes, are many games in polish language wchich are excelent to play for otherlanguage men.

And Yes - "Szybki Bill" is fast production made especialy for 01.04.2012 - from idea to final product it takes about 2-3 hours. It's enought to little game like this.

O.K. I'm stop trolling in this thread. If anyone like game like this - it is not lost time. If nobody like it - sorry, i'll probably make more games like this. Is enjoy me making short code from time to time.

Edited by Sikor

With a sig like "No more programs for peoples like on this forum! No more programs on other language then Polish! No more meal for heres pirates!", and your past behaviour, how 'bout no more posts here period if we are pirate scum?

• Like 3

I have to say the sig actually proves my point, its childish and trivial and a tad inflammatory (and I think Miker would now agree) BUT I'm not going to put any Atarian off coding, I have no issue with regional coding, its the coders wish, yes I'd love English versions but I'm NOT the coder and I respect their wishes.

There's a saying I adhere to, If you can do better then do it yourself, if not then don't moan, I myself am an awful coder so I'm in the position where I rely on other peoples work, If anyone follows the Altirra blog or any blog of an author you will see I'm very outspoken when it comes to people picking holes in a coders work.

So, that's where I am, I truly respect any of the wonderful coders on here, I'd be insane not to respect them, even if I can't play that game because its in another language I can still appreciate the time and work that's gone into it, infact its old saying number 2, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

I do however believe arrogance and ignorance is not needed.....sigs are meant to be fun, positive or informational.

• Like 4

@Marius, yes, probably are few peoples who dont active on Polish forums.

And yes, are many games in polish language wchich are excelent to play for otherlanguage men.

And Yes - "Szybki Bill" is fast production made especialy for 01.04.2012 - from idea to final product it takes about 2-3 hours. It's enought to little game like this.

O.K. I'm stop trolling in this thread. If anyone like game like this - it is not lost time. If nobody like it - sorry, i'll probably make more games like this. Is enjoy me making short code from time to time.

Ok... I apologize for the part where I was a little too unkind.

Let's face things in a positive way: you are (like almost anyone here) too much an atari-lover to stay away from this forum :D you have to admit that!

Marius,

Do you remember this post and this thread: http://www.atariage....ost__p__2341087

I think you should lower your voice a bit ;-)

Regards,

Fred

Edited by Fred_M

I am only trying to let you guys to give Pawel Sikorsky some space. He is a good guy and made some wonderful software titles for the Atari 8-bit. The biggest part of the European 8-bit users know his products even when they are in Polish. A lot of the ANG/Mirage titles were also only in Polish and they were very good games.

Not everyone is perfect in attitude and the English language, give eachother some space here.

Edited by Fred_M