19. homerwannabee 15

20. jblenkle 14

21. NE146 8

22. chuckwalla 6

22. Raygunn 6

24. Kurt_Woloch 3

25. Fres 1

Edited by bigbee99

Kane came up on the 1st roll for game choice, but there were no request from him. RR was next. If you would like a game you enjoy to be considered for the weekly HSC drop the game name in the Main Request Thread http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167179-arcademame-hsc-game-requests/

Also, I will be updating the Spring Break Tourny Thread later this evening. You can make request games for it up until then. There are a few tie breakers needed for votes, if not it will go to a poll this evening. http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/195173-hsc-round-430-spring-break-tournament/

B

Interesting game, I kind of like it. The controls are a bit of a handful for sure. I actually tried a Robotron-esque setup where I was using my right joystick left and right to move the cannon with right joystick up as fire. I figured that was too different from the original hardware so I went back to the buttons. Best I can tell, the original cabinet had an 8-way joystick for movement, buttons to rotate left and right (a la Asteroids) and a thumb button on top of the joystick for fire.

Another one that was off my radar back in the day, never seen this one before. Totally reminds me of Front Line & the tank sequence. I just got this one downloaded, so not ready to submit a score just yet. Got around 3K so I'll give it some practice here & see what I can come up with.

Chris

Another one that was off my radar back in the day, never seen this one before. Totally reminds me of Front Line & the tank sequence.

Yeah, I've never heard of it either. In a weird way, with the vertical scrolling through narrow corridors and continuous refueling, it almost reminds me of a slowed down River Raid.

Another one that was off my radar back in the day, never seen this one before. Totally reminds me of Front Line & the tank sequence.

Yeah, I've never heard of it either. In a weird way, with the vertical scrolling through narrow corridors and continuous refueling, it almost reminds me of a slowed down River Raid.

Yep-I can see River Raid in there too, good comparison!

Yep-I can see River Raid in there too, good comparison!

Reminds me of Countermeasure on the 5200 or the homebrew sequel of Countermeasure on the 7800, Failsafe.

I set my 3 buttons up a little different on this one. I put the fire button in the middle with the rotates on the outside. Helped me some.

B

Hey B, on the third level with the tanks, can you see their bullets? I don't know if I've got an emulation issue or what, but those tanks fire at me and I can't see their bullets. Sometimes I just explode and don't know what hit me.

No I can't see them either. I am using .106. I don't know if it's an issue with that version of MAME or what. The 1st few times it killed me I didn't know what was going on.

B

Hey B, on the third level with the tanks, can you see their bullets? I don't know if I've got an emulation issue or what, but those tanks fire at me and I can't see their bullets. Sometimes I just explode and don't know what hit me.

No I can't see them either. I am using .106. I don't know if it's an issue with that version of MAME or what. The 1st few times it killed me I didn't know what was going on.

B

Well I'm using .122 so maybe that's just what the game is like. It's worth pointing out that I don't get any of those "this game has known problems" disclaimers when I fire it up, and often when I do get those warnings the game plays perfect as far as I can tell.

I forgot today was Easter and stuff so I will let this round continue on until 11:59 PM EST for those who got tied up today. Need longer? Just say something. I will try and get the 4.30 HSC thread straight today as well. I will at least post the ROM and settings for each track for those ready to start on them today.

B

Edited by bigbee99
  • Like 1

Right on!!  I am up in Sarnia visiting with family so this extension really helps!!
My first submission is:  17,560
Picture proof coming later tonight.  Hopefully with a much higher score!

Don't know if it matters, but I can vouch that I was with him when he got this score and it was before noon--unfortunately our grandmother does not have Internet and we struggled getting our cell phones to work on AtariAge, hence the lateness of the post.