IGNORED

7800 HSC Season 5 - Game 3 !Moon Cresta!

JacobZu7zu7

Atari 7800 HSC Season 5 Game 3

Moon Cresta
post-9364-0-90391500-1318895772_thumb.pn

Game Information

Game Name: Moon Cresta
Homebrew by: PacManPlus (Atari Age member)
7800 HSC High Score: None
Settings: Normal

Bonus + Patch Challenge

First 20 people to score over 15,000 wins a REAL patch! + [+2] bonus points.
Set the first 7800 HSC record for [+1] additional point.
Become a MOON MASTER at 30,000 and win [+4] bonus points.

Contest Ends

Sunday, April 15th
at 11:59PM EST

High Scores oyama disqualifed from season 5 (score question issues)

1. 29,120 Liduario [+15+2+1] + Patch
2. 20,400 LarcenTyler [+14+2] + Patch
3. 20,380 twoquickcapri [+13+2] + Patch
4. 19,940 Mayhem [+11+2] + Patch
5. 19,680 Jifremok [+10+2] + Patch
6. 17,730 patbb [+09+2] + Patch
7. 15,680 skosh [+08+2] + Patch
8. 15,120 SpiceWare [+7+2] + Patch
9. 10,020 jblenkle [+6]
10. 9,390 roadrunner [+5]
11. 8,040 Atarifever [+4]
12. 6,640 Gorfy [+3]
13. 6,140 oyamafamily
13. 6,080 JacobZu7zu7 [+2]
14. 6,050 Cebus Capucinis [+1]
15. 1,460 bigbee99 [+1]

Rankings

1. twoquickcapri [20] (2)
2. skosh [18] (2) 1

3. Jifremok [12] (2) 1

3. JacobZu7zu7 [12] (2)

5. SpiceWare [10] (1) 1
6. patbb [6] (1)

7. roadrunner [6] (2) 1

8. peedenmark7 [5] (1)
9. jblenkle [5] (2)
10. Gorfy [4] (2)
11. chuckwalla [1] (1)
11. darrin9999 [1] (1)

[ ] = Points
( ) = Rounds Played
GREEN = Rounds Won
GOLD = Seasons Won

Sneak Preview,

Next game is *Rampage*

MoonCresta.A78

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Full Color Manual POST #384

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/185441-moon-cresta-7800/page__st__375__p__2416691?do=findComment&comment=2416691

Moon Cresta 7800 - Typed Manual HERE!

ATARI is a registered trademark, and 7800 is a trademark of Atari Interactive, Inc. Programmed by Robert DeCrescenzo © 2011— Copyright Nichibutsu ©1980 Published by AtariAge.com Label and Manual artwork by Marc Oberhauser Ad on back page by David Torres Game Manual 78OO™

Getting Started 1. Insert the Moon Cresta™ cartridge into your ATARI ® 7800 ™ ProSystem as explained in your Owner's Manual, and turn on your console.

2. Plug a controller into the left controller jack for one player, and another into the right controller jack for two players.

3. Press [select] or move the controller handle left or right to choose a one or two-player game and select the skill level: Easy, Normal or Hard.

4. Press [Reset] or the left controller button to start the game.

5. Press [Pause] to pause the game; press it again to resume play.

6. Moving the controller handle left or right will cause your ship to move in the same direction. Use the fire button to shoot at the aliens. Playing The Game Each round consists of ten waves of aliens, and two sets of docking sequences (provided you have a ship left to dock with). Every two waves of aliens have different entrance sequences, attack sequences, and point values. After you eliminate the first four waves of aliens, if you have any ships in reserve you will be given an opportunity to dock with your next ship. Successfully docking gives you increased firepower, but also gives the aliens a bigger target to aim for. You are given another chance to dock after the next four waves of aliens (again as long as you have another ship in reserve). Skill Levels As you pass each round of ten waves of aliens, the game play starts over, and the difficulty increases. The aliens are more and more likely to re-emerge from the bottom of the screen after passing the player’s ship. The attack patters become more varied and difficult to maneuver around. On the ‘Easy’ Skill level, the aliens are slower, and start out unable to re-emerge under the player’s ship once they pass below it (re-appearing at the center of the screen instead). On the ‘Normal’ skill level, the aliens move at the standard speed, and increase how often they re-emerge under the player’s ship after passing below it. On the ‘Hard’ skill level, the aliens again move at the standard speed, but they often re-emerge under the player’s ship after passing below it. Attack patterns are much more varied and unpredictable. After the first round, the final alien in each wave moves much faster. Scoring 50 points— 30 points— 60 points— 200 points— 100 points— Successful docking— Varied, depends on time left and the ships docking:  Docking ship I with ship II or III—100 points per second remaining  Docking ship II with ship III—200 points per second remaining  Docking ships I and II with ship III—300 points per second remaining EXTRA TURNS: Get a fresh stack of three ships (after depleting your starting three) when you reach 30,000 points.

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Hey, I've been away a long time. I'm totally out of touch with the scene. When did this come out? WIth the store down, is there anywhere to buy it? A new 7800 Homebrew from PMP is like a new computer game from Valve. It's got to be incredible or he wouldn't do it. I'm downloading a copy for the HSC right now, but I'd really like to own one.

By the way, first try 1340.

MoonCresta_try_1.bmp

Edited by Atarifever

I'll be going for this, or trying, once I recover from my current illness. As there's a patch involved heh. Don't expect a lot of folks to get over 30k though...

Hi there from Lemon64!

There's some patches to earn for sure... so if people are still struggling by the end of the week...

consider the challenge score to drop or so.

I POSTED THE MANUAL TODAY, AT POST #2

EVERYONE... BE SURE TO READ THE MANUAL, FOR ANY POSSIBLE TIPS OR,

BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE GAME :)

Can I sign in for 7800 HSC? I'm a new member here in Atariage.

I play Atari 2600 for a loooong time, either in real hardware (6 to 12 years old) or emulator (22 to the present day and beyond :)

As for the 7800, never saw a real console in my life! :_(

I have an emulator on the Wii and I wanted to try it in serious competition, specially when we're talking about homebrew games and patchs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just don't know how many roms I can play with the wii emulator...

Sorry for my poor English, I may make too many mistakes, typos etc.

Edited by Liduario

I play Atari 2600 for a loooong time, either in real hardware (6 to 12 years old) or emulator (22 to the present day and beyond :)

I have an emulator on the Wii and I wanted to try it in serious competition, specially when we're talking about homebrew games and patchs :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Unless something has changed, you simply sign up by posting scores. I'm not sure if Wii emulator is accepted though. I imagine it is.

5780. The docking bonus is essential to getting any kind of score at all. Also, man do I hate that when an enemy kills you he doesn't go kamakazi. It's an idea I am so used to from every other game that watching the little jerk still flying around after I die really bugs me. It's even worse if he proceeds to kill me again. Khannn!

post-5952-0-25916700-1333586864_thumb.jpg

Edited by Atarifever
  • Like 1

First run and the score was 1,580.

The emulator worked!!!

I didn't know how to take a snapshot from the emulator, I'll figure it out for future score submissions .

And I'm hoping Jacob will accept me here too...

Unless something has changed, you simply sign up by posting scores. I'm not sure if Wii emulator is accepted though. I imagine it is.

Edited by Liduario