IGNORED

Tube Second Edition

DrTypo

• 1 month later...

I've watched the videos and linked them to a friend who is a jag fan but doesn't like going to sites like AA for some reason, so I keep him informed of new stuff on the Jag scene (and am usually the one to obtain the stuff for him too). Very cool, I'd love to try the actual game, but I no longer own a Skunkboard (I had to sell it, didn't want too) and my firend doesn't have one either. I read the text file that comes with the .cof file about using jiffy to make it a CD, but I've never done that before and it seems a bit intimidating. Basically I'm asking if an already-made CD file exists, with or without encryption (I have a CD bypass cart) that can be linked, uploaded a posted here, or PM'D or e-mailed to me? I have Nero, NTI and discjuggler burning programs.

Rushing in to my first post on this topic because this is the first I've seen / heard of this and it is FANTASTIC. The D2K bonus level is crazy fun and this throws a little of that and a little stun runner in with a little tempest. Man, this is exciting. Sorry if you covered this, but will this have an official release?

AX

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Gunstar: I don't have a JagCD so I don't know how to make a bootable CD and I don't have a CD image. Felyx knows this stuff.

He posted a CD image at yaronet, in this thread;

http://www.yaronet.com/posts.php?sl=&s=146080&p=4

Check post 111, after the screenshots there is a link to a CD image.

the.golden.axe: it is the official release. I should update my website but I'm too lazy.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Gunstar: I don't have a JagCD so I don't know how to make a bootable CD and I don't have a CD image. Felyx knows this stuff.

He posted a CD image at yaronet, in this thread;

http://www.yaronet.c...l=&s=146080&p=4

Check post 111, after the screenshots there is a link to a CD image.

the.golden.axe: it is the official release. I should update my website but I'm too lazy.

Thanks a ton for the link, I love what I see of it and am looking forward to a final release.

That's a really excellent game, great fun and with only a couple of minor issues. Nice work DrTypo!

The only real issue with it I had was on some levels (especially the end of BBD) you can get killed in such a way as to re-spawn with no way forward except to kill yourself again, and again, and again in order to go back far enough that you can get onto the right track. I realise it's a challenge level, but that really is TERRIBLE level-design. Also the orientation of the ring after a re-spawn seems a little odd.

Still, other than that it's a brilliant game.

That's a really excellent game, great fun and with only a couple of minor issues. Nice work DrTypo!

The only real issue with it I had was on some levels (especially the end of BBD) you can get killed in such a way as to re-spawn with no way forward except to kill yourself again, and again, and again in order to go back far enough that you can get onto the right track. I realise it's a challenge level, but that really is TERRIBLE level-design.

Agree on every part quoted above. The level design really lets it down in a few places, which is a great shame as it's quite frustrating. With just a few finishing touches, design tweaks and some online highscores (please!) this would be far and away the best aftermarket Jaguar game and would really set the bar high for anyone wishing to produce games for the machine. Ahhh, what am I saying.. it'd be in the top 3 Jaguar titles from any era, no danger. This kind of pick-up-and-play appeal, coupled with decent visuals and audio, it's a real winner.

• Like 3

The only real issue with it I had was on some levels (especially the end of BBD) you can get killed in such a way as to re-spawn with no way forward except to kill yourself again, and again, and again in order to go back far enough that you can get onto the right track. I realise it's a challenge level, but that really is TERRIBLE level-design. Also the orientation of the ring after a re-spawn seems a little odd.

I have the same problen with the game. I think it could be fixed if the ships could take damage. Maybe two or three hits. It would also be cool if there was more ship to choose from. The ship from the first game could be faster, the SE ship could be stonger and a third ship that turned faster.

• Like 1

Hello,

I read the text file that comes with the .cof file about using jiffy to make it a CD, but I've never done that before and it seems a bit intimidating.

The reason I made Jiffi in the first place was to make it as little intimidating as possible for people to identify and covert between all jaguar formats :). So I'd appreciate if you told me exactly what was that put you off so I can work on that! Generally the idea is to read the UI from top to bottom: select a file and see how it responds after this!

• Like 1

Hi,

does someone have the drtypo's email adress? I want to interview him for a french show on dailymotion called "Brassé Maison", talking about Homebrews.

Sorry for my bad english.

Tks.

Whatever came of this?

You will find a video here :

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqzdax_brasse-maison-tube-atari-jaguar_videogames

Hello,

I read the text file that comes with the .cof file about using jiffy to make it a CD, but I've never done that before and it seems a bit intimidating.

The reason I made Jiffi in the first place was to make it as little intimidating as possible for people to identify and covert between all jaguar formats :). So I'd appreciate if you told me exactly what was that put you off so I can work on that! Generally the idea is to read the UI from top to bottom: select a file and see how it responds after this!

Nothing against Jiffi, I've never actually used it, which is why I didn't want to use it. I've never made my own CD's from scratch. There are probably some basic facts about Jaguar discs specifically I'd need to know before even attempting to use jiffi. A combination of laziness and intimidation. All I've ever made CD's with is only ready-to-burn images.

Edited by Gunstar

There are probably some basic facts about Jaguar discs specifically I'd need to know before even attempting to use jiffi.

Not at all, everything is taken care of. You just feed it your file using the menu and file selector, pick the formats you want it saved in (CD/ROM/BJL/etc) then tell it to make them & job done. You can then burn the image to disc using Disc Juggler demo version following the quick guide on our site (change a couple of options form the defaults, that's all).

• Like 1

Hi,

does someone have the drtypo's email adress? I want to interview him for a french show on dailymotion called "Brassé Maison", talking about Homebrews.

Sorry for my bad english.

Tks.

Whatever came of this?

You will find a video here :

http://www.dailymoti...guar_videogames

Thanks. Why weren't we informed of this? :)