IGNORED

Tube Second Edition

DrTypo

Well, I burned a cdi image of TUBE, and was playing it last night. It's a fun game with nice eye candy. I hope this is just the beginning and that this game gets expanded. I've played all the 9 open levels, but haven't gotten any codes for locked levels or made it to any "bonus" level i think somebody mentioned.

I think I would like it better if you automatically progressed from the level you choose to start on, instead of going back to the main screen and having to choose your next level. I did have problems in the higher unlocked levels with the crash and restart, definately that needs to be tweaked. It would start me in difficult or unpassable places. I did learn that if I crash again right away it will move me back further to a different spot and I can continue that until I'm placed somewhere I can continue unobstructed.

I also tried jiffy, and it does seem easy, I managed to make disc images of several Reboot games that I only played on the skunkboard before (but no longer have). Played some Superfly, Beebris SE and Downfall! off of disc. they all seem to require a bypass cart though (except for Tube). But then, that's why I have a bypass cart. of course others can just burn the bypass CD available at Reboot's site.

I can now send my friend a copy of Tube and the Reboot releases along with a bypass CD. I think he'll enjoy it all very much.

• Like 3

they all seem to require a bypass cart though (except for Tube)

Try using different media. The ULS disc image is encrypted and no matter what game you use with it, it will always boot. Only things that could possibly stop it is incorrect settings in Disc Juggler or the Jaguar/CD failing the hash check due to the seek on the CD-R taking too long to give the OK.

• Like 1

they all seem to require a bypass cart though (except for Tube)

Try using different media. The ULS disc image is encrypted and no matter what game you use with it, it will always boot. Only things that could possibly stop it is incorrect settings in Disc Juggler or the Jaguar/CD failing the hash check due to the seek on the CD-R taking too long to give the OK.

After further testing, all the discs I made work on their own, except for the disc I made of Kobayoshi Maru, which only seems to load with my bypass cart, even Jagtopia fails to load it. Maybe it is my media brand (TDK), but I live in the country and sometimes I have to put up with limited selections unless I travel 50+ miles round-trip. I got the TDK CDR's at the "local" Dollar General 10 miles away. But I always felt TDK was a reliable brand anyway. They had one other choice, I think Memorex, and I did pick the cheaper brand.

Edited by Gunstar

But I always felt TDK was a reliable brand anyway. They had one other choice, I think Memorex, and I did pick the cheaper brand.

What's good for modern CD players etc. isn't always what's good for the Jaguar CD, seems quite random from my experience. Best ones I've used recently were JVC 'premium grade 52x' (taiyo yuden). Like yourself, I keep the bypass cart close at hand or jagtopia if I need to work with memory track.

But I always felt TDK was a reliable brand anyway. They had one other choice, I think Memorex, and I did pick the cheaper brand.

What's good for modern CD players etc. isn't always what's good for the Jaguar CD, seems quite random from my experience. Best ones I've used recently were JVC 'premium grade 52x' (taiyo yuden). Like yourself, I keep the bypass cart close at hand or jagtopia if I need to work with memory track.

I remember on my old PC, I also had a CDR drive that could write as slow as 1 or 2x speed. It was always more reliable if I burned the discs at the same 2x speed they are read at by the Jag CD unit. The laptop drive I'm using now can only burn as slow at 4x speed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I ask here, as the last posts subject is about burning cd's.

What are the correct settings in DiscJuggler for burning Jaguar images to cd's?

I looked up, and tried the links in the older threads, but they don't work anymore.

Thanks to Reboot's ULS and now Jiffi it is very easy to burn a homebrew game on CR-R: a great step beyond!

In Jiffi just select .cdi disc image as output.

In Discjuggler, burn it as a disc image: the free demo version is enough as it has no expiring date (there is only a limitation on size: you won't be able to burn over 700Mo if I remember well but no Jag homebrew is reaching that limit )

Personnaly I am burning my Jag CD at full speed and that works fine.

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 2

I am using different brands and kind of CD-R but mostly Verbtim printable CD-R.

The unreadable CDs I burned in the past were burned with Nero. Burning with Discjuggler is very reliable.

I've used some very high-grade CDs and had failures, and also uses some unknown cheapo brands and had them work, so it varies.

One thing to note is that my tower systems (which will only burn at x8 or faster) generally produce coasters, but my laptop (which will burn at x2) works most of the time.

Also, the coasters will usually boot with Jagtopia, which suggests to me that the 'problem' seems to lie with the multi-session section of the track that the BIOS protection scans.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have a Russian friend who is a translater, Japanes etc. He also speaks French because he is absolutely and completely fascinated with the French, translate this for me. He is butt crazy nuts about the French. He's got maps of France all over his place. He is fascinating by stories of my French aunt and such. I tell him they have technology now that if they can change a man into a woman, surely they can change a crazy Roosky into a Frenchman. :)

It was a very good interview. I enjoyed it. I had to explain some things to him as he was translating because he said it was hard to do without knowing the context. Sometime he said he would actually type out the interview into English.

Hi,

does someone have the drtypo's email adress? I want to interview him for a french show on dailymotion called "Brassé Maison", talking about Homebrews.

Sorry for my bad english.

Tks.

Whatever came of this?

You will find a video here :

http://www.dailymoti...guar_videogames

Edited by JagChris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...