IGNORED

Nominate games for next season!

CGQuarterly

The hardest part about running an HSC is picking games that will appeal to most of the participants. I know that a few of you are frustrated that I'm not updating things fast enough, so you can really help me out by picking some games. Maybe we can even have all 10 games already picked out at the beginning of the season, so that people have time to buy whatever games they need.

Anyway, post suggestions here. If anyone wants to "veto" the suggestions of a prior poster, feel free to do so, but include an explanation.

Chris

• Like 1

I've just recently got in on this aspect of AA, so I've only got a few suggestions: picking out the games in advance is a good idea to save time but it kinda spoils the fun of finding out what the new game is. I've really liked the fact that the HSC has got me playing games I might not normally have played before. I can understand not having access to a game, however...that kinda sucks. PM me if you need any help in updating, I wouldn't mind getting involved to help out :)

Ok here's what I propose. We come up with a set list of 9 games at the beginning of each season. I will privately randomize the list, so that people never know what game is coming up next (until week 9, anyway). The 10th and final game will be chosen by me so that no one knows what it will be. Cool?

Also, only two people have actually suggested games so far.

Chris

Sounds good to me, Chris. As far as a list goes, I'll throw some titles up but because I'm not sure about what's been played recently, I'll just put up these:

Tiger Heli

Track and Field

Super Mario Bros

Rescue: The Embassy Mission

Dr Mario

Ninja Gaiden

Mega Man

Ghosts n' Goblins

Double Dragon

I know lots of these games are more about 'finishing' than points but I've never played some of them for point totals alone...and I had a lot of fun with Battletoads that way last year.

Whatever way we choose, I'm looking forward to the new season as it gets me to play games I've either never played much of before, or back into old faves.

Based on the suggestions so far, here is my proposed list. If anyone wants to nominate changes, list the game you want added AND the game you want removed.

Mega Man

Life Force

Super C

RC Pro-Am

Ninja Gaiden

Ghosts N' Goblins

Double Dragon II

I want to start the new season tomorrow, so speak now or hold your peace for 20 weeks!

Chris

Embassy doesn't have a score, but if we choose what level to play at, we can just rank the winner as the highest difficulty setting with the fastest completion time.

It's a really fun (but tough) game, and I think it would work. The only problem might be when comparing scores from different difficulty levels: in that case, Chris, maybe you can just pick a difficulty that we'll all play on. (Captain-Ultimatum?)

Or we can pick something else of course!...it's just a fun little game that I'm sure some folks haven't dug out in years (myself included).

I'm down with getting started tonight too!

Edited by atarilovesyou

Based on the suggestions so far, here is my proposed list. If anyone wants to nominate changes, list the game you want added AND the game you want removed.

Mega Man

Life Force

Super C

RC Pro-Am

Ninja Gaiden

Ghosts N' Goblins

Double Dragon II

I want to start the new season tomorrow, so speak now or hold your peace for 20 weeks!

Chris

Maybe it's just me, but i'm getting tried of playing Life Force and Ghosts N Goblins.

I think i played those two 3 or 4 times each since i've been taking part in this HSC.

Am I think only one that loves paperboy? :(

I wouldn't mind playing Paperboy. I'm a fan. Maybe we can swap that for Rescue?

Maybe it's just me, but i'm getting tried of playing Life Force and Ghosts N Goblins.

I think i played those two 3 or 4 times each since i've been taking part in this HSC.

I could play Ghosts N Goblins again. Although I've only played it once in the HSC. Frankly, I didn't notice Life Force in there earlier. I'm not a huge fan of this game and would prefer something else, but I know it's somewhat popular so I don't mind playing it again if people really want to.

Mega Man

Life Force

Super C

RC Pro-Am

Ninja Gaiden

Ghosts N' Goblins

Double Dragon II

Chris

You're not following the rules, good sir. If you want games taken off the list, you have to nominate replacement games.

Chris

Replaced Rescue with Paperboy. It's not that I don't like Paperboy, it's that I prefer to stick to games that are at least semi-unique to the NES. But that's OK, lets play it.

If anyone wants to nominate changes, list the game you want added AND the game you want removed.

Mega Man

Life Force

Super C

RC Pro-Am

Ninja Gaiden

Ghosts N' Goblins

Double Dragon II

Paperboy

I'm down with anything, and I get the fact people don't want to keep playing the same ol' games (even if they're great!)...I looked back over the past few seasons and saw some repeats too.

So!

1943 remove, add Xevious

Drop Gaiden, add Jackal

Drop Double Dragon 2 and replace with Double Dragon (love that game, never finished it legit)