IGNORED

heartlight for vbxe

candle

On 8/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, candle said:

pbi is out of question right now - there are some antic specific signal needed for proper operation

800 installation is on my todo list for some time now - i'll get this done next month

Thanks for clearing that up. Good to hear that an 800 solution is on the way.

:)

On 8/21/2019 at 1:59 PM, candle said:

pbi is out of question right now - there are some antic specific signal needed for proper operation

800 installation is on my todo list for some time now - i'll get this done next month

This would be REALLY NICE !!!!!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

little update

break key now works properly and returns to the title screen

ntsc bug corrected

graphics enchancments by Vidol

additional music by Wieczór/Lamers, BeWu/Grayscale and String/Agenda

game mechanics is completed, now i need to do some work on the title screen and gtia version of game (there is still GTIA output under VBXE overlay active)

hl.xex

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think with this game, and others for VBXE or VBXE enhanced, there is finally enough uses for me to start seriously thinking about getting one. I'm still getting a Rapidus first though. Maybe for Christmas, and hopefully my Incognito will arrive by then too.? 

Though I didn't realize a version has been out since 2012, but then there weren't enough other softs to run back then either...

Edited by Gunstar
Sentence above

8 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

I think I got my first VBXE in late 2009. Functionally identical to current models; just a slightly different board layout and a black PCB. :)

I bought my 1st one in 2009.  I installed my first one in 2019.  I've been kicking myself in the ass ever since for not doing this a decade earlier.  With SDX and the Last Word, it's an absolute game changer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

I think I got my first VBXE in late 2009. Functionally identical to current models; just a slightly different board layout and a black PCB. :)

I was referring to the game, not the VBXE. ;)

Sorry if I was too vague in that regard, I thought it would be understood since it's a thread about the game.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

all of the development is done with altirra, so it will work

on real hardware there are some compatibility issues with FJC loader and PBI? code

don't know for sure, but i had to disable most of my u1mb config to get it going

bugs are lurking everywhere i gues ;)

some initial work on title screen, sound fx and gtia mode play

in the end this game should run on vbxe equipped machine as well as on stock one - with some limitations (due to memory considerations)

hl.xex

Edited by candle
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, candle said:

bugs are lurking everywhere i gues

Here we go again... salt for breakfast.

Exactly what problems am I supposed to be seeing here? Using the current release versions of my firmware, everything appears to run perfectly well from the loader regardless of whether the PBI BIOS is enabled or not. Just tested on my U1MB/VBXE/Stereo 800XL.

Perhaps I missed something, or maybe you can download a version of the firmware dating from some time within the past twenty-four months and try again? ;) Otherwise this kind of thing becomes a little tiresome.

Edited by flashjazzcat
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, candle said:

bugs are lurking everywhere i gues ;)

hl.xex 122.42 kB · 12 downloads

The only things that are lurking everywhere, are all the U1MB's out there that still did not get FJC's more than excellent Firmware. They also do not understand why there are still not blessed with this so welcome and powerful upgrade.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, candle said:

in the end this game should run on vbxe equipped machine as well as on stock one - with some limitations (due to memory considerations)

Hmmm,

does that mean your HL version should run on A8+VBXE as well as on A8 without VBXE ? Tried it on my A8 with 576k RAM, but without VBXE and got "VBXE not found!" after one second of loading and it refused to load any further...  But I guess, I simply mis-understand or mis-interpret what you're trying to say...

Maybe it was meant like... this VBXE-version of HL (by Candle) works as well on A8+VBXE as the non-VBXE version of HL (by J.Pelc) does on the A8 without VBXE...?!?

Besides, your HL version looks and plays very good! We played it together (me + two other Atarians) at a small A8 meeting here in Germany (named HATZ) and reached approx. level 12 and had a lot of fun with it. The levels are very well made and could be solved after several tries (whereas we failed in the J.Pelc A8 version of HL at level 2 or 3 and gave up)...

• 1 year later...