IGNORED

HSC9 Round 6: Alley Cat

man, i suck hard at this game... dunno what im doing. and playing in emulation with a cx40 usb is not easy...

Hint #3 read the manual and eat the mice already :D

This game really needs use of the diagonals!

Real Hint #3 On the big cheese keep fire pressed in when you jump so you dive through a hole straight away, then release and jump around

Hint #4 at the start of each level (not the goldfish bowl) make a few sets of prints at the start to keep Mr.Broom busy.

man, i suck hard at this game... dunno what im doing. and playing in emulation with a cx40 usb is not easy...

Hint #3 read the manual and eat the mice already :D

This game really needs use of the diagonals!

Real Hint #3 On the big cheese keep fire pressed in when you jump so you dive through a hole straight away, then release and jump around

Hint #4 at the start of each level (not the goldfish bowl) make a few sets of prints at the start to keep Mr.Broom busy.

:)

You can go through the holes on the cheese! I didn't know that.

Hint#4 is a must for the sleeping dogs board otherwise that damn broom will drive you round the bend.

@trbb, i was trying out some other games Rent Wars and Cubes In Space.

I'm not sure what i'm doing in Rent Wars.

And Cubes the file i have is .bas

I can't figure out how to even load it. :(

For .bas games if you're using altirra - System Firmware BASIC - you'll need the ataribas.rom file in the altirra folder there's a link and instructions on the Gwobby web site under the emulators tab. Please let me know if this still works ok! Will check the games out :thumbsup: [edit I think I looked at Cubes in space briefly - was it some sort ofo multi-player game... hmmm... atarimania says rent wars is a prototype]

I've dug out and been listening to those old Queen albums I still had on tape (and some other rock) - Hot Space wasn't that bad after all - probably Las Parablas de Amor is my favourite track... I've been decorating and forgot how annoying it was to have to turn over tapes and fastfoward the gaps! Better on C90s where there's a whole ablum per side. I must get The Works on CD and my Flash Gordon tape is jaffed :twisted:

I'm busy creating some Turbo Basic menu disks :)

Hey goochman might have a suprise for you next round ;) speaking of which still time to VOTE everyone! Remember this round closes Monday moring.

Latest Table:

Top Cats

1st Scalak 030-2311 12pts

2nd Sikor 017-3274 11pts

3rd McKong 017-1169 10pts

4th therealbountybob 013-7454 9pts

5th Fallout_002 009-2775 8pts

6th paw 008-9557 7pts

7th firestorm 005-6772 6pts

8th Caco 003-7381 5pts

9th Goochman 002-6730 4pts

10th Champions_2002 002-4493 3pts

11th innuendo 002-3996 2pts

12th roadrunner 001-2070 2pts

13th jblenkle 000-7911 1pt

14th Diz 000-7070 1pt

15th bluecat 000-4936 1pt

extra scoring places if we make 17 players

Hint #5 Dog Bowls - Drain the bowls straight away, keep fire held to automatically move along the row. If a dog growls move away - it can still get you if you're on the bowl behind it :-o

Hint #6 Bookcase - make paw prints in the middle, lure at least 1 spider down, go up and knock off some vases, you can jump through the spider web - just go for it if you have 1 left.

Hint #7 Final screen - If you can't get to the top with a present, drop it (fire) on the 3rd row down (or mid row) that way you have a safe place to get to when you drop down and go back up. You can jump from the 3rd row to reach her!

Hint #8 Alley - Keep jumping at all times on the top row of the washing line. Don't got for lower windows (on high levels). Use the DIAGONALS to get into a window.

Hint #9 Alley Cat - If you get to Alley Cat (1 big bin and 2 small bins) the bins are there for a reason... wait on left bin. Run to right bin. Run back to big bin and up you go! This way you can avoid becoming dog food :-o

• Like 1

For .bas games if you're using altirra - System Firmware BASIC - you'll need the ataribas.rom file in the altirra folder there's a link and instructions on the Gwobby web site under the emulators tab. Please let me know if this still works ok! Will check the games out :thumbsup: [edit I think I looked at Cubes in space briefly - was it some sort ofo multi-player game... hmmm... atarimania says rent wars is a prototype]

I've dug out and been listening to those old Queen albums I still had on tape (and some other rock) - Hot Space wasn't that bad after all - probably Las Parablas de Amor is my favourite track... I've been decorating and forgot how annoying it was to have to turn over tapes and fastfoward the gaps! Better on C90s where there's a whole ablum per side. I must get The Works on CD and my Flash Gordon tape is jaffed :twisted:

I got Queen II on cassettte and CD. A few cool things about is it has a side white and side black.

You just don't get that anymore with cd's or digital downloads.

And the album cover looks like it's from the Bohemian Rhapsody video.

But the video wasn't filmed until i think 1975 and the album cover was shot in 1972.

I got The Works CD. Some great songs on there besides Ga Ga and Break Free like Tear It Up, I Go Crazy, It's A Hard Life, And Is This The World We Created? I got the 1991 reissue version. It has a few remixes on it.

I just found out last week the the old Queen studio cd's were reissued as 2 disc sets last year.

It would have be nice if they just released the bonus cd's separatly. I don't want to have to buy them over again.

But Hot Space has some great bonus songs on it. A great live version of Action This Day.

The sound on this is awesome. I hope they release the entire concert on cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDmYn27wcM

I haven't listened to Flash Gordon for awhile.

I think the album would have been better with less dialogue from the movie.

The Hero and Football Fight rock. :)

I love the jacket Freddie wore back in 1982. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9JncpLhsI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txD6dMr3ME4

Edited by roadrunner

I got Queen II on cassettte and CD. A few cool things about is it has a side white and side black.

But the video wasn't filmed until i think 1975 and the album cover was shot in 1972.

I got The Works CD. Some great songs on there besides Ga Ga and Break Free like Tear It Up, I Go Crazy, It's A Hard Life, And Is This The World We Created? I got the 1991 reissue version. It has a few remixes on it.

I just found out last week the the old Queen studio cd's were reissued as 2 disc sets last year.

It would have be nice if they just released the bonus cd's separatly. I don't want to have to buy them over again.

But Hot Space has some great bonus songs on it. A great live version of Action This Day.

Yup, I got the reissue discs, all 15 of them... they sound great and the bonus tracks are interesting.... Oh and the video for borap was 1974

The nice thing about getting them all was that I can play them all in order and listen to the progression, and remember some of the cuts I used to like that I forgot about since they are not "greatest hits"

I really dig the song Scandal

• Like 1

Yup, I got the reissue discs, all 15 of them... they sound great and the bonus tracks are interesting.... Oh and the video for borap was 1974

The nice thing about getting them all was that I can play them all in order and listen to the progression, and remember some of the cuts I used to like that I forgot about since they are not "greatest hits"

I really dig the song Scandal

Yeah Scandal is a great song. :thumbsup:

Was It All Worth It should of been a single instead of The Invisible Man.

Queen recorded alot of great songs for The Miracle cd but they didn't make the final cut or weren't finished at the time.

My Life Has Been Saved and Too Much Love Will Kill You are great songs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCke6YWd2U

Edited by roadrunner

I've still not beaten the 'alley cat' level yet, the wiki (link on 1st post) says the multiplier can go up to 30x so there's some potential serious points to be had!

rr Liking the Action this day live... will listen to the other links too :thumbsup:

Top Cats

1st Scalak 030-2311 12pts

2nd Sikor 017-3274 11pts

3rd McKong 017-1169 10pts

4th therealbountybob 013-7454 9pts

5th DieMON 010-5280 8pts

6th Fallout_002 009-2775 7pts

7th paw 008-9557 6pts

8th Caco 008-0357 5pts

9th orpheuswaking 006-7782 4pts

10th firestorm 005-6772 4pts

11th Goochman 002-6730 3pts