IGNORED

Hardware available.

marc.hull

Just in case some of you don't follow Ebay or the Y groups. There are currently a couple of ramdisks as well as other nice HW items from Ernest Pergrem currently. Someone was asking earlier about big RAM disks and one of the mentioned ones is capable of 4 MEG of storage or 8 if you use Tim's modified CFG and ROS. Ernie is also has an expanded Geneve for sale in case some one is interested in that.

Additionally James Postal is selling freshly built IDE cards including the CF adapter as well as CF cards. He can be contacted on the Y-lists.

All of these are excellent for speeding software developement on TI systems.

I'm thinking about an IDE card for the Geneve; need to figure out what issues it has with this computer before investing $260. I believe he has 10 of them for sale for this price.

That would be a question for the insane one..... Tim ?

Better off with the HFDC or SCSI as they are both natively supported within the Geneve OS. I did manage to graft IDE support into the OS but it is about 30% slower than the others because I am using Fred's DSR within a 'virtual' TI workspace that has to interpret and handoff data between two DSRs. Also, Fred was working on correcting some bugs with the fixed file handling routines - I don't know if he released the updated DSR files to the public. Without the updates, your files would be corrupted very quickly.