IGNORED

8bit Pac-man "Arcade" - Final Version - Accepting Orders

tep392

Because it's in the cartridge.

OK, I get it. Poorer no intro xex version, so the cartridge sells better. Otherwise there's no reason for file version not to have it.

All those RAM/HDD upgrades and yet we need to swap carts to play full version...

Because it's in the cartridge.

OK, I get it. Poorer no intro xex version, so the cartridge sells better. Otherwise there's no reason for file version not to have it.

All those RAM/HDD upgrades and yet we need to swap carts to play full version...

Don't you think if he was doing this for the money he might be charging a bit more than $25?

Edited by McKong

I don't know, but I just don't see a reason for poorer file version. As for charging more, I don't think so. It's still a copyrighted game originally invented by someone else, I guess...

These msgs crack me up............the guy put alot of hard work updating a title that wasnt as good as it could be for the 8bit - he's producing carts to play like the original did and *might* make a few shillings at it - he is selling 10 carts.

He's providing a file to play Pac Man like you never could on your 8bit - enjoy it. Im sorry if you dont want to buy a cart you wont see the 'attract screen' - if you dont like the situation dont complain - produce your own version.

• Like 6

Didn't mean to complain, I just was curious why there is such difference, that's all. I could still program my maxflash with cart version, but file is much more user-friendly having SIDE, SIO2SD, etc.

No offence thanks for good work to the Author.

I don't know, but I just don't see a reason for poorer file version. As for charging more, I don't think so. It's still a copyrighted game originally invented by someone else, I guess...

Trust me, I'm making hardly anything on the carts. Just enough to motivate me to go through the effort to produce and ship carts for those who would like to buy them. Some people, myself included, like having physical carts for our collections.

As for the animated intro, I wanted to give something extra to the people who are buying the carts. I guarantee you that the xex will play identically to the cart version, so you are losing nothing in game play. Game play is what this project was all about for me.

• Like 6

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm out of carts but will order enough for everyone later this week. Please pm me with how many you want and your address. I'll send you a total with shipping when the carts are ready to ship. I hope that will be next week.

Perry

Got mine. #5. Simply marvelous. Makes me wonder why Atari's PacMan was so, so... so not like this one.

Tools are better now and I'm sure the original authors were under a tight deadline.

Besides, I think there is more info on how to get the most out of the machine now.

Got mine. #5. Simply marvelous. Makes me wonder why Atari's PacMan was so, so... so not like this one.

Tools are better now and I'm sure the original authors were under a tight deadline.

Besides, I think there is more info on how to get the most out of the machine now.

I think that's true and I'd also point out that the original 8-bit Pac-Man was a 16K cartridge, whereas this new "Arcade Pac-Man" has not been said to run on less than a 48K computer.