IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 11

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 11: Pitfall - The Mayan Adventure

Round Over.

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Play a game from the beginning on Normal mode. Submit your score after you receive a Game Over. As usual, submit as many times as you need to in order to better your standing.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-3-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

CURRENT PITFALL SCORES SUBMITTED:

1. Jagman - 425,073 (+100pts +25pts)
  2. Austin - 229,917 (+70pts +10pts)
  3. Twoquickcapri - 103,750 (+60pts)
  4. AbominableToaster - 89,844 (+50pts)
  5. JagChris - 75,144 (+40pts)
  6. Boog - 21,320 (+20pts)
  7. Jblenke - 14,670 (+15pts)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Austin - 850pts
  2. Twoquickcapri - 806pts
  3. Boog - 600pts
  4. Abominable Toaster - 580pts
  5. GKC - 497pts
  6. Jagman - 390pts
  7. Astropuff - 200pts
  8. Darrin9999 - 192pts
  9. Averybluemonkey - 165pts
  10. Orpheuswaking - 157pts
  11. Punisher5.0 - 149pts
  12. SonicR - 137pts
  13. JagChris - 94pts
  14. Jblenke - 85pts
  15. Roadrunner - 84pts
  16. Racer X - 70pts
  17. Kgenthe - 45pts
  18. Doctorclu - 16pts
  19. Dan Iacovelli - 10pts

I remember getting pretty far in this game on the Genesis, but never on the Jag.. controls always felt way too slippery or something. I'll try and give it a go though in a few days.

Yeah, framerate problems make this game difficult for me to play at later stages (primarily the waterfall stages, that's where it starts to skip a lot).

I've gotten a little further in the game, but the stretchy thing does disappear so you pretty much have to play perfect to keep going. I can't imagine it does this on the real cartridge, so I'm guessing either the rom is faulty or the emulator.

I think I have heard about that happening. Hasn't happened to me, but I'm pretty sure I've heard about it before.

I've gotten a little further in the game, but the stretchy thing does disappear so you pretty much have to play perfect to keep going. I can't imagine it does this on the real cartridge, so I'm guessing either the rom is faulty or the emulator.

I think I have heard about that happening. Hasn't happened to me, but I'm pretty sure I've heard about it before.

Ooooooohhh, that's right. It does it during emulation. I completely forgot! :)

Well, seemingly, if you are able to run around a lot without trapping yourself where you can't get back to them, they sometimes reappear...or when you lose a life...an added challenge to the game!!!

Ooooooohhh, that's right. It does it during emulation. I completely forgot! :)

0pitfall2.JPG

agh! so many instant death parts towards the later levels. the key to this game for me is to really take your time with the levels, not rushing at all, and find as many 1ups as you can. lots of secrets in this game! gonna give the game another go tomorrow probably. trying to 1cc it.

agh! so many instant death parts towards the later levels. the key to this game for me is to really take your time with the levels, not rushing at all, and find as many 1ups as you can. lots of secrets in this game! gonna give the game another go tomorrow probably. trying to 1cc it.

Exactly. If you take your time, it's not as bad as it seems. Lots of secrets as well if you search them out (did you find the various locations of the 2600 Pitfall yet? I don't think it gives you extra points, but still. :D ).

Supposedly you can max out the score in a single run in this (999,999). Both Atardi (don't think he comes around here anymore) and Doctor Clu have done it in the past.

• Like 1

I just realized we're playing with continues. Wow.. that would have saved me a lot of replaying - haha. I'll hopefully get another shot tomorrow - also been really busy. I want to finish this damn game (for the first time ever)

Nope, no continues. I let the time lapse at the continue screen (while hooking the Jag into my capture device when I died so I could grab a screenshot) and it took me to the Game Over screen. Glad I was at least able to capture it before it disappeared.