IGNORED

FlashBack 3

First, i apologise if this is old news but, while bringing all these cool 70's retro sitcom DVD'S to counter to pay, i spotted Atari FlashBack 3 on display.I bought it of course, brand new in box sealed by 2 clear stickers on end flap.It is the 2600 4-6 switcher style like FlashBack 2.The inside of box has an egg carton material insert moulded to hold the console, adapter, two cx-40's.The package also included a big glossy poster which has screenshots of the 60 games included.I haven't heard a lot about FlashBack 3, the clerk said he got his stock not even 2 weeks ago, and said it just came out, so i thought i'd share.The FB3's corners where the control buttons are has a nice round shape rather than square.The controller ports are at the front, rather than the back, I can't wait to try out "Secret Quest" tonight.Anyways i think it's a cool package!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :)

Edited by Rik

Secret Quest requires the color/bw switch which the fb3 does not have. Future fb3 models will not have secret quest.

Do you mean the FB3 i have doesn't have Secret Quest?It does have it, i'm sure it compensates for the BW/color switch somehow, i haven't played it yet, i'll report back what i found.

Edited by Rik

So, i think i understand what you are getting at Syntax.I read the instruction manual for SQ here at AA and it mentions something about using the tv type or BW/COLOR switch to access the Status Screen, which i don't seem to be able to get with the FB3.Was this an error?Is the game now unplayable without the Status screen?BTW, what a stupid thing to do, to include this game if it can't be played right.