IGNORED

Why I will never use Xbox Marketplace again

svenski

Today I purchased the Back to Karkand expansion for Battlefield 3 from the marketplace. I'd downloaded the latest 1GB patch. Didn't work - the expansion maps all showed missing DLC and wouldn't let me join.

Chatted to an EA support guy who suggested various things, gave me redemption codes, cleared cache, deleted saved games..... same problem. Now I cannot even see an option to download the Back to Karkand expansion from the BF3 in-game store.

Chatted with Microsoft - they said the download from the marketplace was just a license and to download from the in-game store using a redeem code - you mean that redemption code you never mentioned when I purchased the DLC? Weird. Anyway, Microsoft can't care less. It isn't their problem, and EA don't seem to give a shit either.

So, no more Xbox marketplace for me, and I certainly won't be buying Battlefield 4, 5 or 6.

Tried all that, still no joy. Microsoft are right in that the marketplace download is just a license - it unlocks what is already hidden in the game, and according to EA FAQS it should just be an easy process but so far has been a pain in the ass.

Making a final attempt now to do everything from scratch.

And this is microsofts fault how?

Dont get me wrong, I'm no big MS fan, but this is clearly EA's fault.

I agree except he had to use microsoft points to buy the expansion pack. There's probably a snowball's chance in hell Microsoft will give him a refund.

And this is microsofts fault how?

Dont get me wrong, I'm no big MS fan, but this is clearly EA's fault.

I agree except he had to use microsoft points to buy the expansion pack. There's probably a snowball's chance in hell Microsoft will give him a refund.

How did you pay for the points?

If you used a Credit Card or bought a MS Points card from a store using a Credit Card call the CC company and demand a refund. They will credit your account if you explain the situation.

Thankfully I haven't had to do this often, but it does work. That's why I try to but everything with a credit card and I hate to use cash. Once cash is gone it's gone....

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, this is not really Microsoft's issue. The problem, no matter how you paid for it, is with EA and how they handle their DLC. If I were you, I'd do the sensible thing and just not buy EA games anymore. Not like you'd be missing out on much anyway...

yeah, I've been burned by EA too many times. plenty of great games out there so if I skip EA, that's not a problem.

the only situation where I would have pause if if they came out with a great Kinect game. that would put me in a conundrum... luckily, EA hasn't made any Kinect game. :P their only kinect game, they terminated online support only a year after the game was released.

Not only that, but you have absolutely no recourse under the law. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, and any complaints are handled through binding arbitration (aka Microsoft's kangaroo court). It's the wild west out there, where only the strong survive. We serfs have no power whatsoever.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

In the end this did get sorted. EA's online live support was useless. I think it all comes out of India and most of the responses seemed to come out of a can.

After firing off a (very) nasty email to EA they supposedly reset a couple of things and the expansion pack magically worked.

Took a few days though.

Not only that, but you have absolutely no recourse under the law. Microsoft disclaims all warranties, and any complaints are handled through binding arbitration (aka Microsoft's kangaroo court). It's the wild west out there, where only the strong survive. We serfs have no power whatsoever.

Sure you do. You have the power not to deal with them and keep your cash.

In the end this did get sorted. EA's online live support was useless. I think it all comes out of India and most of the responses seemed to come out of a can.

After firing off a (very) nasty email to EA they supposedly reset a couple of things and the expansion pack magically worked.

Took a few days though.

Are you still finished with the Xbox Live Marketplace?