IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, ROUND 12 (FINAL ROUND!)

Austin

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 3, FINAL ROUND (Round 12): Tempest 2000

Round (and Season) Over!

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Play a game from the very first web on default settings (i.e., no Beastly Mode). Submit your score after you receive a Game Over. As usual, submit as many times as you need to in order to better your standing.

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-3-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. :)

FINAL TEMPEST 2000 SCORES SUBMITTED:

1. Austin - 1,321,667 (+100pts +25pts)
  2. Twoquickcapri - 1,048,356 (+80pts +15pts)
  3. Jagman - 990,514 (+75pts)
  4. AbominableToaster - 791,145 (+60pts)
  5. Boog - 458,045 (+35pts)
  6. ydcl - 248,615 (+20pts)
  7. Dan_Iacovelli - 115,285 (+10pts)
  8. Jblenke - 38,940 (+3pts)

The FINAL Jaguar HSC Revamped, Season 3, Rankings:

1. Austin - 975pts
  2. Twoquickcapri - 901pts
  3. AbominableToaster - 640pts
  4. Boog - 635pts
  5. GKC - 497pts
  6. Jagman - 465pts
  7. Astropuff - 200pts
  8. Darrin9999 - 192pts
  9. Averybluemonkey - 165pts
  10. Orpheuswaking - 157pts
  11. Punisher5.0 - 149pts
  12. SonicR - 137pts
  13. JagChris - 94pts
  14. Jblenke - 88pts
  15. Roadrunner - 84pts
  16. Racer X - 70pts
  17. Kgenthe - 45pts
  18. Dan Iacovelli - 30pts
  19. Ydcl - 20pts
  20. Doctorclu - 16pts

Edited by Austin

I'm not sure when I will play it either, but I definitely will. Has been since the last Jag HSC season since I played this one.

Wonder if Orpheuswaking will come out of hibernation for this one? He's pretty bad-ass as this game. :D

t2k2.JPG

Agh.. 3rd set of levels just kicked my ass. Like a lot of Minter games, I can breeze through the first 30 or so levels without hardly dying, then things get drastically tough quick. (those damn electric things that shoot you! Faccck!) Also all of a sudden I SUCK at the bonus levels.. I think I only completed 1 of them, and I used to be able to always beat those. The 20,000 point bonus for those would have helped. I did however, forget how cool the 3rd bonus stage is though, the ultra trippy one! So cool. I still hate the follow the green path ones though. Hope to get one more try in, but wont be until Sunday.

Edited by Jagman

I'm worried about the early level 60s, where every enemy consists of those electric fuckers. Such a pain in the ass! That's where I got stuck in the last HSC. IIRC, that part is the hardest place in the game for me.

Edit: By the way, has anyone figured out whether it's more fruitful to play through the bonus stages (and warp), or are you likely to score more points by actually playing every stage instead skipping?

Edited by Austin

yeah.. I know exactly what you mean about the early 60's.. always get suck on those (when I can make it that far) There is one level in particular in the early 60's that gives me so much trouble, it's like instant death over and over again until I get lucky and beat it.. then it cools off for a while.

as far as the bonus stages.. that's a very good question. I always go for the points, but definitely see what you mean. If you warp 5 levels ahead, I think you would get much more than 20k playing through the levels instead.

keep working at it jblenkle! Just remember to keep moving, and make sure to collect every power up you can! Once you have the jump powerup, use that to your advantage to stay out of the way of enemies that get to close and try and hold off on using the super zapper as long as you can, but also don't be afraid to use it if you feel threatened. Jumping + AI will keep you safe if needed.

• Like 1

Just a heads up guys, this will probably be the last round I play for a while. Back to the point where I have too many things going on at once, and something's got to give. I'll still be running the HSC, but I'll be taking a break from playing next season.

Ah, this game never gets old! One thing about the first type of bonus stages, why is it that you can't sometimes go high or low enough to go through a ring? I remember reading it was a bug of some sort, but it did prevent me from finishing the first bonus stage, because it wouldn't let me move any lower. No big deal. I just wish I got to see the 3rd type of bonus stage, but I screwed up too much.

Anyway, my score is: 791,145.

That was within my range of most of my old high scores (upper 700k to mid 800k) so hooray for consistency after all these years. :)

post-24937-0-14870500-1337206491_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ah, this game never gets old! One thing about the first type of bonus stages, why is it that you can't sometimes go high or low enough to go through a ring? I remember reading it was a bug of some sort, but it did prevent me from finishing the first bonus stage, because it wouldn't let me move any lower. No big deal. I just wish I got to see the 3rd type of bonus stage, but I screwed up too much.

I'm not certain if it's a bug or not, but I always assumed it was an intentional design choice. There are those arrows you have to hit that will propel you up or below the highest and lowest points it will allow you to go. This is how you hit those rings that are beyond the point you can move. The trick is to get propelled past where you need to go, then finesse your way down to the ring. You don't want to go too far, otherwise you can't get back up. I always felt it emphasized having skill on the bonus stages, but it would be really funny if it actually was due to a bug, and was non-intentional, hehe. :)

I'm not certain if it's a bug or not, but I always assumed it was an intentional design choice. There are those arrows you have to hit that will propel you up or below the highest and lowest points it will allow you to go. This is how you hit those rings that are beyond the point you can move. The trick is to get propelled past where you need to go, then finesse your way down to the ring. You don't want to go too far, otherwise you can't get back up. I always felt it emphasized having skill on the bonus stages, but it would be really funny if it actually was due to a bug, and was non-intentional, hehe. :)

I'm sure you are right that it isn't a bug, I just remember that I could never figure out why it would happen some times and not others, when I thought I was playing the same way each time. lol Either way, T2K is just great. I know I'm going out on a limb with that opinion. :)

• Like 1

Just a heads up guys, this will probably be the last round I play for a while. Back to the point where I have too many things going on at once, and something's got to give. I'll still be running the HSC, but I'll be taking a break from playing next season.

Thanks for running the HSC! It has been fun and it takes a lot of time to participate and keep track of everyone's scores, and we all appreciate it! :)

I completly forgot to check this out, Tempest is my fav game.

I can take screen shots now with my new digicam.

Austin can't wait to se what games you have next season I want to havea high score contest at VGS thats tied in with JHSC

kind of like what I'm doing with the harmony games.

• Like 1

Austin can't wait to se what games you have next season I want to havea high score contest at VGS thats tied in with JHSC

Sounds good to me.

As far as games, after a short break I will start a poll like we did prior to this season. We will essentially vote on what games and modes are played next season.

Thanks for running the HSC! It has been fun and it takes a lot of time to participate and keep track of everyone's scores, and we all appreciate it! :)

Thank you for playing! :)

Sounds good to me.

As far as games, after a short break I will start a poll like we did prior to this season. We will essentially vote on what games and modes are played next season.

sounds good to me as well

I wanted to do to that for my harmony games but didn't have time to set up up the poll