IGNORED

A Strange version of CF7.... someone know it ?

ti99iuc

Hi Friend ;)

i purchased a strange version of the CF7 but i can't be able to work with it...

when connected to the TI99 and powered on the computer, the CF7 is not recognized and the TI work normally...

now, i have another one CF7 and i know that for work with it is needed for an external 5v...

in this particular version i can't found a component for connect an external power...

maybe some of you can help me for use it correctly ;)

Thank You.

CF7-1.jpg

CF7-1b.jpg

CF7-2.jpg

CF7-2b.jpg

CF7-3.jpg

CF7-3b.jpg

Hi Friend ;)

i purchased a strange version of the CF7 but i can't be able to work with it...

when connected to the TI99 and powered on the computer, the CF7 is not recognized and the TI work normally...

now, i have another one CF7 and i know that for work with it is needed for an external 5v...

in this particular version i can't found a component for connect an external power...

maybe some of you can help me for use it correctly ;)

Thank You.

CF7-2.jpg

The white, 4-pin connector looks like the AMP (manufacturer) connector used to power 3.5" floppy drives. If so, pin 1 is +5VDC, pin 4 is +12VDC and pins 2 and 3 are ground.

...lee

The white, 4-pin connector looks like the AMP (manufacturer) connector used to power 3.5" floppy drives. If so, pin 1 is +5VDC, pin 4 is +12VDC and pins 2 and 3 are ground.

...lee

oh yes, sorry i forgot to write it...

i tried already the 4-pin connector with a Power adaptator for PC but nothing new happened... ;(...

becouse in the actual CF7 the 4-pin connector is not used, i thought that is not the plug the problem... maybe i wrong thought and the CF/ could be broken ?

That's an original CF7. It should work OK in the TI BASIC environment, but won't work with Extended BASIC or Editor/Assembler. You need the newer CF7A or nanoPEB for that. So in practical terms it's not actually a lot of use.

You shouldn't need to power the CF adaptor separetely. +5V is sent up the ribbon cable and the CF adaptor should be powered by that. I had a problem with mine however and it wasn't working, and I had to solder a strap from one of the ribbon cable connector pins across to the power connector. So not all CF adaptors are born equal perhaps.

Just connected up my old CF7, so just to add:

-- With the CF7, the device *isn't* mentioned on the TI startup screen when you power on. So that isn't an indication of whether it is working or not.

-- A CF card formatted on the CF7A will catalog using Disk Manager 2 if you connect the card and CF adaptor to the old CF7.

That's an original CF7. It should work OK in the TI BASIC environment, but won't work with Extended BASIC or Editor/Assembler. You need the newer CF7A or nanoPEB for that. So in practical terms it's not actually a lot of use.

I had this early model long ago. It was flakey but I recall using EA and XB when coupled with a TI that had been modified with the 32K on-board. Maybe there were different revisions of the same board?