IGNORED

If anyone is interested... or at least talk about this one...

Yep, it's one of those pretty looking shooters but annoying in the fact that you have to remember the patterns and can be pretty much screwed by missing enemy packs, missing a pickup or getting the wrong one.

There's plenty more better scroll/shooters around for 8-bitters. Even something as simple as a decent Scramble conversion might be more worthwhile.

Or... some sort of R-Type playalike.

Jose have you played Delta? It's nothing special, few fancy tricks with sprite multiplexing and sprites in the border but apart from the excellent music it is not that great really.

As i said previously it's a Marmite game because some people like it and others hate it, but it's pretty much unique in how the weapon power-ups are handled (there are similar systems with expiring weapons but they're usually ammo-based like Menace and i can't think of anything that expires speed ups) and, if you give it the learning time needed to play it properly, can be very addictive.

Would be better if someone converted Nemesis or Salamander to A8.

Yes, but it would also be both harder and more time consuming and i don't know for sure but suspect he's trying to avoid picking something overly complicated so it stands more of a chance of actually being done...

impresses due to the horizontal and vertical scrolling that goes on

Didn't know that was on the C64 (or any 8-bit). I liked it on the ST and Amiga.

As they did not use the C64 colormap the background gfx could be used 1:1 I presume.

Further the sprite mechanics seem quit easy to code as they don't care of stopping at background gfx :)

Any takes? ;)

Yep, it's one of those pretty looking shooters but annoying in the fact that you have to remember the patterns and can be pretty much screwed by missing enemy packs, missing a pickup or getting the wrong one.

There's plenty more better scroll/shooters around for 8-bitters. Even something as simple as a decent Scramble conversion might be more worthwhile.

Or... some sort of R-Type playalike.

Do you remember this?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/172428-porting-from-gameboy

It can have the stars using the Missiles and have the 4Players as our ship or two smaller ships using eachone 2Players Multicolours.But the problem here would be that it will need more then the A8 Charset 128chars.It will need an 'Interleaved charset' with each charline a diferent charset, like:-> Charline1=Charset1-> Charline2=Charset2-> Charline3=Charset3-> Charline4=Charset4and then repeat this in the next Playing Area cahrlines.

Edited by José Pereira