IGNORED

CPU comparison: SNES vs. Genesis vs. TG16

What, you prefer the cheesed up, super easy one for SNES? Ever look at side by side comparisons, or play them all?

Easy? Yeah, right. Most people will tell you the opposite.

I agree it's the easiest of the series, but it's by no means an easy game. Slap that bad-boy onto the hardest skill mode, and get back to me when you've finished both loops without continuing. Still haven't been able to do it myself (on the hardest mode--I can finish the standard modes).

What, you prefer the cheesed up, super easy one for SNES? Ever look at side by side comparisons, or play them all?

Easy? Yeah, right. Most people will tell you the opposite.

I agree it's the easiest of the series, but it's by no means an easy game. Slap that bad-boy onto the hardest skill mode, and get back to me when you've finished both loops without continuing. Still haven't been able to do it myself (on the hardest mode--I can finish the standard modes).

I think he's talking about how hard it is to play with a 2 or 3 button joystick, instead of the glory that is the SNES stock controller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W3BNXOO41c

I think he's talking about how hard it is to play with a 2 or 3 button joystick, instead of the glory that is the SNES stock controller.

pce_avenue_pad6.gif

@Utso: When the 65816 could be 3 or more times faster, its slow. It can't even emulate a TG16 game any faster because its so damn slow.

TG16 game code would run at half speed, I think.

Compared to the other "16-bit" era stuff, the SNES cpu is pretty gimped. The PCE is faster, even with the disadvantage of being 8-bit.

pce_avenue_pad6.gif

And you only need to buy the game + 2 premium controllers to have a fun time with a friend.

Premium controllers? Do you actually have *any* experience with this stuff, or are you just making nonsense remarks? These controllers were not exactly expensive or some sort of riot-inducing rare commodity.

You would have had to buy a 6 button Genesis controller just the same. So, SNES has stock 6 buttons, big deal.

You can still play PCE one with 3 buttons, its not that bad.

• Like 1

You would have had to buy a 6 button Genesis controller just the same.

I guess you would have (two actually, in order to have any fun), if you didn't like to press a button to switch between punches and kicks in the middle of your combos. (They called it 'Special' Champion Edition because you had to be extra 'special' to play it.)

So, SNES has stock 6 buttons, big deal.

It's a big deal not to have to buy a game plus 2 new, premium controllers just to have single decent game of SFII on your system.

You can still play PCE one with 3 buttons, its not that bad.

2-buttons? Besides, a real SFII player would never say that. And real SFII players were playing with their SNES (or even SF) versions for a very long time before the inferior versions for the other systems were ever released.

Now can we get back to the topic of CPU comparison?

Edited by BillyHW

I liked SF II on both versions, SNES and Megadrive, and if your an excellent player like me and played SF II on SNES you managed to play the game very well on MD with a 3 button controller. Hell I even aced the Amiga version with a 1 button controller and keys. Now that's hardcore playing.

I'm sorry, what is a real SFII player?

I've got SFII in every variation for SNES, PC Engine, and Sega Genesis. I can play any of them equally fine. I can complete the PC Engine one with Dhalsim with a standard controller. How's that for a real SF2 player.

and no, I mean 3 buttons for the PC Engine. With a stock controller. You clearly have never played it, if you insist on it being 2 buttons.

and stop saying premium controller. It sounds corny.

Yes, now lets get back to the CPU comparisons.

The SNES CPU blows.

:)

• Like 1

I'm sorry, what is a real SFII player?

I've got SFII in every variation for SNES, PC Engine, and Sega Genesis. I can play any of them equally fine. I can complete the PC Engine one with Dhalsim with a standard controller. How's that for a real SF2 player.

and no, I mean 3 buttons for the PC Engine. With a stock controller. You clearly have never played it, if you insist on it being 2 buttons.

and stop saying premium controller. It sounds corny.

Yes, now lets get back to the CPU comparisons.

The SNES CPU blows.

:)

Okay, I'll start calling it an adequate controller.

It's funny.

You've started off asking about CPU comparisons, and have now arrived at making yourself sound completely ignorant about at least one game console.

You basically just come off as an SNES fanboy that never gave the Genesis or TG-16 an actual chance.

• Like 3

2-buttons? Besides, a real SFII player would never say that. And real SFII players were playing with their SNES (or even SF) versions for a very long time before the inferior versions for the other systems were ever released.

Please refer back to post #30. Here, I'll even link to it for you: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/197977-cpu-comparison-snes-vs-genesis-vs-tg16/page__st__25#entry2523355

Please refer back to post #30. Here, I'll even link to it for you: http://www.atariage....25#entry2523355

Thank you for your incredibly productive contributions to this thread.

Please refer back to post #30. Here, I'll even link to it for you: http://www.atariage....25#entry2523355

I've contributed enough to the thread. The problem is, you don't seem to want to listen to what anyone is saying.

• Like 1

I've contributed enough to the thread. The problem is, you don't seem to want to listen to what anyone is saying.

Billy HomeWork, are these allegations true? If so, I need to get more popcorn :D ...but always remember this: there is NO SEX in the CHAMPAGNE ROOM. NONE.

You really haven't contributed anything to this thread but your bad attitude. Who are you exactly to tell me not to post in my own thread? Everyone already knows that many SNES carts had coprocessors. That didn't really have anything to do with my original question.

Edited by BillyHW

You really haven't contributed anything to this thread but your bad attitude. Who are you exactly to tell me not to post in my own thread?

Says the one who openly mocks people for buying other controllers to play Street Fighter II, heh.

Everyone already knows that many SNES carts had coprocessors. That didn't really have anything to do with my original question.

It sounds to me like you didn't, otherwise you wouldn't have bothered asking some of the questions you did. And as others will surely be willing to back up, it had everything to do with your original question.

On a side note, this isn't the first time you've asked asinine questions, only for the information we provide you to go in one ear and out the other.

You really haven't contributed anything to this thread but your bad attitude. Who are you exactly to tell me not to post in my own thread?

Says the one who openly mocks people for buying other controllers to play Street Fighter II, heh.

Not quite. I openly mock the concept of having to buy two, new, minimally-adequate controllers just to play a decent game of Street Fighter II.

Everyone already knows that many SNES carts had coprocessors. That didn't really have anything to do with my original question.

As others will surely be willing to back up, it had everything to do with your original question.

On a side note, this isn't the first time you've asked asinine questions, only for the information we provide you to go in one ear and out the other.

I think I'm going to report you for "asinine".