IGNORED

SW Battlefront II DLC Question

DaytonaUSA

I used to have an old white arcade Xbox 360. When I owned it, I purchased the SW Battlefront II DLC from the old Xbox Live store via the 360 before the old Live service was taken down. The DLC worked on the 360 of course since Battlefront II is backwards compatible. I've since sold that system a few years ago, however.

Today, I have an R2D2 Xbox coming in the mail. I was wondering, even though it's not available for sale any longer, will the DLC be available for me to download from my account since I did technically still purchase it? I know you can still download titles that you bought that might not be on XBLA anymore, but I wasn't sure how this would work with original Xbox Live content.

Thanks.

I don't think you can even connect to Live within an Xbox 1 game anymore. I doubt you'll be able to get the DLC (though it would be cool if you could).

You misunderstood me. This is for the 360. I bought the original XBL (used to be all black and green looking) DLC on my Xbox 360 Arcade a couple years ago before they trashed the old XBL support.

I'm just wondering though, if like other games/DLC that you have purchased but has since been taken off the market, if I will be able to re-download the DLC onto my new Xbox despite it being from a store that no-longer exists.

Basically my question is, can you re-download purchases from the old XBL store that you made on an Xbox 360 before?

Basically my question is, can you re-download purchases from the old XBL store that you made on an Xbox 360 before?

Should be able to by going to your Download History.

Log in with the gamertag used to buy the content. Hit the Guide button to pull up your blades, then go all the way to the right and choose Account Management, then choose Download History, scroll down until you find the SWBFII DLC and try to redownload it.

Give it a try and let us know.

Sweet. I had no idea that you could redownload dlc for XBox 1 games on 360 if you'd downloaded it on the 360 before.

Actually I don't know if it works with DLC for Xbox 1 games since I never actually bought any Xbox 1 DLC.

That's why I was saying to let us know if it does work! :)

Well guys, after setting up my new R2 Xbox last night, I can safely say that all Xbox 1 content is completely lost forever. So if you have an Xbox or Xbox 360 with it, don't sell it or be prepared to never see it again.

This is the side of DLC and online game purchases I always fear. And quite honestly, if this is what Microsoft is planning to do to the 360 once the Nextbox comes, I'll be kinda ticked off.

But no, it's not in my purchase history (thanks Moycon) and when I called Microsoft they confirmed all content from the old Live store has not been saved on their current servers. I guess me purchasing that on my old 360 before they closed the store was a wise decision. I just wish they kept all purchases, whether they're up for sale or not, available for re-download later.

Ah well. Hope that helps others out there.

Edited by DaytonaUSA

This is the side of DLC and online game purchases I always fear. And quite honestly, if this is what Microsoft is planning to do to the 360 once the Nextbox comes, I'll be kinda ticked off.

Yeah, if that happens when the next XBOX hits, I probably won't be buying it. I've tossed down loads of cash over the years for downloadable titles. I won't be doing it again. Or at least, I will be refraining from doing so again.

How would you think you'd do this? Just dump it via USB storage? It's not like Microsoft would know if it was legit or not, since it has nothing to compare it to on it's servers to see if you purchased it or not. If anyone has the guts to try this, let us know what happens.

A signature is applied to Xbox DLC when it is installed. It is checked locally so it doesn't need a connection to verify. That is why it comes with an installer when you download it for Xbox 1 now. The installer applies a valid signature to the DLC against your Xbox. You will not be able to put it on your 360 without that step. You can do it if your 360 is modified.

I just found a torrent that has all of the original Xbox DLC in one package. Probably impossible to get onto an unmodded 360 though.

And most likely illegal to download in most western countries. I'd advise checking local laws, and any extradition treaties local country would have with the US before deciding to do so. I guess you just have to ask yourself if it's worth the chance. If so, good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't usually support these sorts of things but I would strongly argue for an exception in this case. The original Xbox DLC content has a tendency to become corrupted and unusable. It happens all the time. I have no qualms whatsoever about obtaining content I paid for in whatever way available when it is no longer available through the original means. The Xbox is long passed EOL. MS isn't going to beat down any doors over someone obtaining DLC.

Anyway, if you want to add WAY more than the DLC provides to SWBF2 on Xbox then search for "teancum star wars battlefront 2 mod". It's probably one of the coolest mods produced by the Xbox homebrew community.

• Like 2