IGNORED

Snakebyte Controller

cimerians

After playing Devil May Cry HD collection my thumb and wrist is petrified with pain. I've been taking breaks but the combos in the 3rd Devil May Cry are a killer at my age and 20 years of IT and Fighting Games.

Coincidentally a few weeks ago my best friend fell to the carpal tunnel beast as well and recommended the Snakebyte controller to me. I just bought one and it can be found on amazon. I will post thoughts if anyone is interested but better yet I have pasted my friends review below:

http://www.amazon.co...37135519&sr=8-1

'In the past year, I have been having hand/forearm pain problems from games that require too much quick, repeated button pushing. After cutting down on my gaming considerably, it seemed that some games that I loved, would aggravate the problem no matter how many brakes I took. At that point, I decided it was time to look for a good turbo controller.

After quite a bit of looking and comparing I decided on the Snakebite.

I am really quite happy with it. It has everything I needed in a controller that was going to completely replace my official controller. You can have turbo on multiple buttons and triggers at once, switching them on/off as needed. It has vibration, bluetooth connectivity (so no dongles), and sixaxis motion control.

The handles on the side are considerably larger, and fit my large hands quite well. Smaller-handed gamers/children may not find the controller as comfortable. Overall, the controller is a little bit larger than an Xbox 360 controller. Another thing to note that is not shown in the pictures is that the L2 + R2 buttons are actual triggers like a 360 controller has.

It comes with a recharge cable (mini usb - same cable that the official controllers use) and a pair of snap-on L2/R2 plastic triggers that are usable on an official controller.

Overall, I am very happy with this controller and it allows me to play games without pain, which is why I bought it. After playing with this controller for a week, I ordered a 2nd, in case I wear this one out. If anyone finds anything better, or has any questions, please feel free to post a comment.'

Edited by cimerians

Looks alright. I remember one of my favorite PS1 controllers being a trashy-looking (translucent even) 3rd party that just plain worked.

Alternatively, how do you think just using a 360 controller would suit you?

Definitely. That can help a lot. Is there an adapter out there?

Yeah, I'd mentioned these two in the thread about stick-on PS3 trigger extenders...

You'll see this one all over eBay from various sellers, works well for straight 360 -> PS3.

Then there's this one I got from DealExtreme, lets you use PS2 on PS3 & 360, and 360 on PS3. I think that's how it works, at least, with that switch & three plugs it's kinda hard to remember what exactly it's capable of.

Yeah, I'd mentioned these two in the thread about stick-on PS3 trigger extenders...

You'll see this one all over eBay from various sellers, works well for straight 360 -> PS3.

Then there's this one I got from DealExtreme, lets you use PS2 on PS3 & 360, and 360 on PS3. I think that's how it works, at least, with that switch & three plugs it's kinda hard to remember what exactly it's capable of.

Awesome thanks I just may get the first one and it has a turbo button!