IGNORED

"Sorcery" for PS3...

I almost want to buy it but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

It got pretty good reviews, and looks pretty fun, but it'll probably hold my attention for <2 hours before I put in something else thats more involved -_-;

maybe when its chepaer. Unless you get it, and swear by it.

• 7 months later...

I bought the Sony move controller for House of the dead 4. Sorcery was next on my list and it was ok at first but soon you realize that the controller is not nearly as good as a wiimote. The controller keep losing connection in battle. It's very annoying. I stopped playing in a boss fight, it was hard as hell. Good luck with that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I played Sorcery last September and enjoyed it a lot. In fact, I actually played all the way to the end, which is rare for me. I found the combat a lot of fun, and the controls were very responsive and accurate (there is a bit of automatic lock-on, so you just need to cast your attacks in the right general direction of the enemy you want to hit). Mixing your attack methods is where the game really shines (aside from some very varied and lush world designs), and it's a shame that the opportunity to use your full complement of spells is only available for the last couple of hours of the game. The beginning of the game is a bit on the repetitive side, since you only have one attack for that whole section. But, once you get further in, it becomes very engaging.

I bought the Sony move controller for House of the dead 4. Sorcery was next on my list and it was ok at first but soon you realize that the controller is not nearly as good as a wiimote. The controller keep losing connection in battle. It's very annoying. I stopped playing in a boss fight, it was hard as hell. Good luck with that one.

I think you may have some sort of problem (radio interference?) with your setup, because I never had any such issues with the Move controller. In fact, mine actually connects to my PS3 faster than a DualShock. I've also never seen any other accounts of Move controllers constantly losing connection, so I assume it isn't a common thing.

As for the boss fights, some were difficult, yes, but I managed to play through the entire "Gamer" difficulty--wherein enemies have regenerating health, mind you--without upgrading any stats or spells until the final boss fight. I don't consider myself particularly good at video games, so I'd say the difficulty were balanced well, overall.

onmode-ky

P.S. If anyone out there can actually beat the final boss fight on Gamer or higher without any upgrades, nor using any health potions, I salute you!