IGNORED

Server Maintenance 12am, Sunday Jan 25th

Alex

If anyone notices faster performance on the site, let us know.  :D

I didn't notice anything so far, but with my limited bandwith and cpu power that means nothing.

But I noticed that Gzip compression is still disabled. Any reason why? Wouldn't that reduce the needed bandwitdh? And help me? ;)

Everything seems a little quicker for me today compared to yesterday. I've gone through some forums and did some searches it may be the new optimizations but another reason may be it's early Sunday morning and there's no one up to slow down my cable connection :) :?

But I noticed that Gzip compression is still disabled. Any reason why? Wouldn't that reduce the needed bandwitdh? And help me? ;)

We tried using GZip compression when we first started using this forum software, but it caused problems for several members so we turned it off. I would also periodically see a page come up in binary fashion, or not come up at all. In addition, it's a bit of a heavier load on the server since the pages need to be compressed before sending them. Perhaps when we upgrade the forum software to the latest version we can try it again, as I know there's at least one GZip-related fix in there..

..Al

• 1 month later...