IGNORED

One of a kind pole Position Box Variation

edintv

That seller has a bunch of those. He also has or had a bunch of Mountain Madness boxes that said Super Pro Decathlon on them. All it was, was someone cut out the front cover of the paper manual of the game and glued it to the box. I think me and Rev were debating if it was something INTV did or if someone else did it.

That seller has a bunch of those. He also has or had a bunch of Mountain Madness boxes that said Super Pro Decathlon on them. All it was, was someone cut out the front cover of the paper manual of the game and glued it to the box. I think me and Rev were debating if it was something INTV did or if someone else did it.

Anyway to tell for sure? Or send the BSR a e-mail about it? I defentily could see that as something that INTV did back in the day -- cost costing measures and all that. Printer messed up, so they just decided to fix it. I'm just not sure someone could make enough money doing that on their own as a fake.

I bought a set of these, and took the SPD label off the Mountain Madness box (the label removal wasn't 100% clean, but it was passable). I still have the Auto Racing/Pole Position hybrid if anyone's really craving it. :D

I tend to think these must've been done by INTV, unless they were handled by a liquidator -- either someone who acquired overstock, or someone who bought INTV's remaining inventory when they went out of business. I have a scan of a JHL price list from 1992, and the prices for SPD, Pole Position, and Mountain Madness are all $19.95. (Auto Racing is $15.95, which is interesting since a lot of the other Mattel-era games are $12.95.)

Still, it's a truly bizarre creature. And it's hard to understand the motivation: did anyone really think consumers would be glad to get such an obvious hack-job?

I bought a set of these, and took the SPD label off the Mountain Madness box (the label removal wasn't 100% clean, but it was passable). I still have the Auto Racing/Pole Position hybrid if anyone's really craving it. :D

I tend to think these must've been done by INTV, unless they were handled by a liquidator -- either someone who acquired overstock, or someone who bought INTV's remaining inventory when they went out of business. I have a scan of a JHL price list from 1992, and the prices for SPD, Pole Position, and Mountain Madness are all $19.95. (Auto Racing is $15.95, which is interesting since a lot of the other Mattel-era games are $12.95.)

Still, it's a truly bizarre creature. And it's hard to understand the motivation: did anyone really think consumers would be glad to get such an obvious hack-job?

Well, we ARE talking about the company that tried to take cost cutting to such a extreme that they tried shipping games out with no boxes and in plastic baggies for a while. :P

It could be done by Intv, if they run out of boxes and have no budget to order more. They do sold some Games in a bag, with no box. Is very interesting that the labels where from a manual and still the manual was inside.

The seller had several and claim to be Mint and never been used, could be a new Old stock he had found.

Telegames had record of selling games with the very strange packing, Maybe Intv was following example.