IGNORED

Midnight Magic for Atari 800

phaeron

Is their any reason why A8 pinball games look like they were done using PCS (pinball construction set), even raster blaster looks like it was done using PCS and if i recall correctly that game preceded PCS, the only noticeable odd ones out being zeppelins pinball simulator and the sublogic pinball game (forgot what it was called)

I guess I don't know what you mean, then. How many commercial pinball games are/i] there on the A8, anyway? By saying "even Raster Blaster seems like a PCS creation"...be aware that it is basically the other way around - PCS was more-or-less a RB creation. Budge just expanded on the tools he used to make RB when developing PCS. RB was also the first...which no doubt influenced programmers of other pinball simulations.

Why do so many dot-eating games seem similar to Pac-Man?

Is their any reason why A8 pinball games look like they were done using PCS (pinball construction set), even raster blaster looks like it was done using PCS and if i recall correctly that game preceded PCS, the only noticeable odd ones out being zeppelins pinball simulator and the sublogic pinball game (forgot what it was called)

This game does absolutely not look like a pinball construction set pinball. The original David Midnight Magic: yes. But this one doesn't. Are you sure you booted the right game?

Everytime when I manage to hit the 5 bats on the top of the screen, I really get thrilled ... YEAH... new screen. Or that 'shoot again' hit after that.

The more you play it, the more you get real control over the ball. It is so much fun this game.

I remember my dad bought this game for me when I was 11 or 12 years old. He and I played this game for hours and hours; driving my mother totally crazy (she was like you walter... she s*cked at this game).

I am extremely satisfied by this port.

• 5 years later...

Can you remove the dots, they cover up the board, and are really distracting.

Those dots are a feature someone else did. The non-dotted version (which I prefer too!) is also in this thread.

I have been playing this game every night the last two weeks. And It is really awesome. I love it!

Playing this great game (again) in the current HSC round - did anyone get around to removing the dots from the PAL improved speed version?

The tip about clearing the top coloured bars makes the game fun. Wikipedia has "Hitting all five drop targets at the top of the table increases the bonus multiplier (2x, 3x, and so on). Extra balls can be earned when hitting the rollover targets at the top left and right corners of the table when the bonus multiplier is activated."

Are there any other tips/ things to aim for? OK i've found the 2600 manual here on atariage :)