IGNORED

Thinking of getting a Harmony cart...

Draugr

I'm thinking of getting a Harmony cart, but I have a few questions before I spend the money on one. I'm hoping some of the current owners might be able to answer these questions.

1. The MicroSD version, does the MicroSD card stick out of the case like the standard SD card version does?

2. Is there a way in the menu system to hide the file extensions? I'd prefer if my cart would like just the game names. Ex: Donkey Kong instead of Donkey Kong.bin.

3. Is there a choice of menu types? I've seen a few photos of what appears to be the Harmony menu (B&W). Is it possible to create, or has alternative looking menus already been released?

4. I heard mention that a new version of the Harmony cart was coming. Is that far off or coming soon? If soon, I'll probably wait to get that version.

Well, thats all for now.

Thanks,

John

1 - don't know.

2 - File extensions are optional, you can remove them from the files if you like. The only time they are required is if the Harmony cannot auto-detect which bank switch format the game uses. This is covered on pages 8 & 9 of the manual.

post-3056-0-65191300-1339184582_thumb.jpg

3 - Besides using TV Type to control the color cycling, I've not seen any options for the menu. Possibly you saw the B&W image from the B&W manual?

4 - some work was started on the 7800 version of the Harmony at the start of 2010. The last activity I see in the Harmony Development forum is from September 2010. As such, I recommended getting and enjoying the 2600 Harmony now as you could be waiting for years for the 7800 version.

OK... So I'm going to get one. I just would like to know a little more on the microSD version. Does anyone have any info or pictures of the slot on the top of the cart? Is it smaller due to the small size of thte microSD card?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you cover it up, it'll be difficult to put new games on it.

That's just a matter of peeling the end label off again or printing it so that a small slit can be there. And don't worry about the label ripping and such, I intend to use Post-it Picture Paper. It's glossy, a little thick (so it won't rip when pulled off) and the glue is strong enough to hold it but is made to be peeled off. It's great for this use.

• 4 weeks later...

Spice Ware I see in your signature a link to your webpage

If you cover it up, it'll be difficult to put new games on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSkgQxP9z00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxdl2T8nlQ

Spice Ware is the Medival Mayhem on your webpage the full version, and will it work on the Harmony cart?

that you made a warlords update