IGNORED

HSC Round 4.37: Snow Bros

Snow Bros - Nick & Tom (set 1)

118124217036.jpg

The player must throw snow at each enemy until it is completely covered, when it turns into a snowball. An enemy partially covered in snow cannot move until it shakes it off. Once an enemy has been turned into a snowball the player can roll it. The snowball will re-bound off walls, until eventually shattering against a wall. Any enemies the snowball rolls into are eliminated and other stationary snowballs start rolling when the rolling snowball touches them. If the player manages to take out all of the enemies with kicking one snowball (this one snowball may be used to make others bounce around as well and increase the chances to pull this trick off), money in the form of large green bills will fall from the sky. These disappear in a very short amount of time but are worth 10,000 points each, the most the player can get as a bonus.

-wiki

Game Information

Game Name: Snow Bros - Nick & Tom (set 1)

Released By: Toaplan 1990

MAME ROMset: snowbros

Dip Switches: Region: Europe, Diff. Normal, Lives 3, Bonus Live 100k only (These are the default settings for .106)

Chosen By: Cynicaster

ROM Location: http://www.romnation...-Tom-set-1.html

AtariAge Arcade/MAME HSC Record:

Competition ends Sunday, June 17th @ 12PM EST

Leaderboard (to post #57)

1,001,670 BillyHW

846,000 kane

691,320 Cynicaster

548,530 bigbee99

385,790 andyy119

441,560 M.A.M.E Offender

271,690 roadrunner

57,690 jblenkle

24,730 LarcenTyler

Season Standings

Calculations through round 36

1. M.A.M.E Offender 566

2. bigbee99 555

3. Cynicaster 538

4. patbb 309

5. kane 262

6. mr. toast 166

7. roadrunner 155

8. JohnnyBlaze 125

9. acelkin 117

10. LarcenTyler 117

11. richard stewart 78

12. Barra 66

13. jblenkle 59

14. kojr 39

14. keilbaca 39

16. retrorussell 27

16. andyy119 27

18. mightymage 23

19. onmode-ky 19

20. Kurt_Woloch 18

21. BillyHW 17

22. rmaerz 16

23. homerwannabee 15

24. NE146 8

25. chuckwalla 6

25. Raygunn 6

27. Fres 1

Edited by bigbee99

Why does this game have a tilt switch? MAME, at least in my version, also adds a third, non-existent button.

This game was pretty popular back in the day. I remember a friend of mine had it for NES. Capcom did the NES port, which is a big name third-party company. I never played it much myself, but I knew people who were into it.

Edited by BillyHW

Yeah, I see how you can really build up some big points when those nice big dollar bills fall from the sky. It's nice on the first board when you can knock out all enemies with one snowball, pick up a "red" medicine, then scoot down very quickly to the bottom level for 4 or even 5 nice dollar bills!

My first submission.

post-29539-0-63555700-1339548989_thumb.jpg post-29539-0-30775200-1339548983_thumb.jpg

1sb3x5.png

Those dollar bills seem to be the only thing that matters for points. We should change up the goal sometimes and play for highest level reached instead of points. That's how most people played games back in the day too (except for maybe the pre-crash era).

This is a really good/fun game concept/design. The sushi hand rolls are cute. I'm sure it's an even better 2-player game. I guess it ripped off Bubble Bobble though, in fact, I thought is was a sequel at one time.)

Edited by BillyHW

For the July 4th Tourny I was sorting through the past tourny suggestions

• Independence Day Craptacular: multi-nominee games not played in Spring Break and Memorial Day tourneys + crap titles

There were plenty of game to not have crap titles. 11 games actually. I just dropped a game I had nominated twice (once for each tourney). So the field is set for that one :) I like that because I can piece the thread together little by little. I'm going to do it July 1st through the 15th. Wanna know what they are?

B

Edited by bigbee99

• Independence Day Craptacular: multi-nominee games not played in Spring Break and Memorial Day tourneys + crap titles

There were plenty of game to not have crap titles. 11 games actually. I just dropped a game I had nominated twice (once for each tourney). So the field is set for that one :) I like that because I can piece the thread together little by little. I'm going to do it July 1st through the 15th. Wanna know what they are?

B

Do tell!

B

Do tell!

Blade Master (1991)

Gunforce(1991)

Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

Batsugun

Outfoxies(1994)

NARC

Pipi and Bibi's

Armored Warriors

Pooyan

Black Panther

B

B

Do tell!

Blade Master (1991)

Gunforce(1991)

Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

Batsugun

Outfoxies(1994)

NARC

Pipi and Bibi's

Armored Warriors

Pooyan

Black Panther

B

Heh, wow, I could be wrong but that looks like a whole pile o' games that few people have played. Not only that, but aside from Pooyan, very heavy on content from the post-Golden-Age era. I think the anonymity of the games is kind of in the spirit of the Craptacular, but at the same time, it'll be nice to not have to slog through a bunch of poorly emulated, no sound, monochrome games from 1936 that rely on screen overlays. Looking forward to it!

Edited by Cynicaster