IGNORED

2012 Meet Up

Ok guys, this is getting depressing. We haven't done anything as a group is October! We need to have another get together! I'm willing to volunteer my new game room for a destination, but keep in mind that it's small. I think if you got more than 8 people in there it would start to feel claustrophobic, so maybe it's not the best place. If we all still want to do my game room I need to check with the wife on a date.

Thoughts? Ideas? Dates?

When you say "Ok guys" who are you talking to? Michiganders or MCGG people only? :-D

There really are no 'MCGG' people, it's not like we have a membership committee or anything. If you're in or near Michigan and you're reading this, then you're an MCGG member.

July 14th or 15th should work for me.

When you say "Ok guys" who are you talking to? Michiganders or MCGG people only? :-D

JR

Basically we meet someplace like Pinball Pete's and anyone who doesn't seem too psychotic or larcenous is invited over for more console stuff, etc at someone's house. Our standards aren't too high though since we even let Chris come over and he doesn't believe in dinosaurs.

So are we doing this at Tempest's place or mine? I recently got (another) Laserdisc player, for those that care, and this one is a total friggn' mind blower.

Your place would be best. My wife is currently painting and I don't think she wants people walking through the rooms.

So are we doing this at Tempest's place or mine? I recently got (another) Laserdisc player, for those that care, and this one is a total friggn' mind blower.

Your place would be best. My wife is currently painting and I don't think she wants people walking through the rooms.

Nonsense! Doesn't she know by now Gentleman of the Atari Club are so clean they eat the urinal cakes from toilets and chase ghosts out the attic? Just make sure things that look like rectangular pellets are stashed away..

Edited by theloon

Ok, so how about we meet at Pinball Pete's at 3:00 on Saturday, the 14th of July?

Unless we are wanting to go some place else.

Afterwards we go to my place and play video games. I should have three monitors set up, at least.

Sometimes trading/buying/selling also happens.

Sometimes trading/buying/selling also happens.

Anyone want to buy a giant Colecovision or Vic-20 collection? :grin:

Sounds good to me. I keep thinking we should go somewhere new, but I'll be damned if I can think of a better place.

Sounds good to me. I keep thinking we should go somewhere new, but I'll be damned if I can think of a better place.

If you ever feel like venturing to the southwest side of the state, there is a nice arcade out this way we could meet at.

http://klassicarcade.com/

They have a very good selection of pinball games and classic video games, you can play all day for only $5, and they serve snacks and drinks. The area surrounding it, however, has little to offer.

Steve