IGNORED

[POLL CLOSED] Vote for what games will be played in Season 4!

Austin

POLL CLOSED! See my post here for the detailed results: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/199428-poll-closed-vote-for-what-games-will-be-played-in-season-4/page__st__25?do=findComment&comment=2549465

All right everyone, it's been a couple of weeks since Season 3 has ended. It's time to vote on what will be played in Season 4!

Like last time, I have compiled a list of games that are suitable for the HSC (i.e., games with trackable scores, race times, etc.). I have made some slight modifications though--Dino Dudes, for instance, has been removed from the lineup due to a poor showing from participants this past season (it might make a reappearance in the polls after this upcoming season is finished). Just like last season, I have also withdrawn Telegames, CD and homebrew releases due to less players having easy access to these (some might make an appearance in a bonus round. Maybe.). Lastly, I have also shortened the length of the season to ten rounds as opposed to twelve. This will hopefully keep the season from dragging on (at least it felt like that to me.. but then again, it's more work for me overall :lol:).

So, with that, pick TEN games from this list--No more, no less. Also keep in mind of what was played last season. I feel it will make things more interesting if we focus on playing games that haven't been played (I-War, Flip Out, etc.), but that's just me. I have no control over what actually gets picked. :)

I will let this run for a week or so. Get your votes in ASAP!

Also....

If you do not plan on participating, please do not vote in this poll (seriously, what's the point?).

Edited by Austin

Well just let me know before the season starts what games were picked and what order they will be in. I only added to my collection since we last spoke: Zoop, Syndicate, and Iron Soldier. But I'll see what gets picked and I may add 1 or 2 to my collection that I don't have.

Well just let me know before the season starts what games were picked and what order they will be in. I only added to my collection since we last spoke: Zoop, Syndicate, and Iron Soldier. But I'll see what gets picked and I may add 1 or 2 to my collection that I don't have.

Remember, you can vote too. :P

My wife and I might play this next season, I guess it depends on what games get picked. If Super Burnout is picked, the Punisher bike should not be allowed. It's a cheat and it takes away part of the game tactics.

Also Evolution: Dino Dudes should be added to the llst, because I'm awesome at it. :-D

Edited by jeremiahjt

It's a cheat and it takes away part of the game tactics.

I'll be sure to force the Punisher bike as the default then. ;) :D :evil:

No problem, I'll race with the Reflex Z or the Turtle bike and I'll consider it a handicap and just halve my times. ;)

Man, Zoop is dominating right now. I picked it because it was different and I didn't think many people would choose it, I was wrong.

No problem, I'll race with the Reflex Z or the Turtle bike and I'll consider it a handicap and just halve my times.

It's OK, I'll disqualify the use of any other bike. :)

Man, Zoop is dominating right now. I picked it because it was different and I didn't think many people would choose it, I was wrong.

I'm glad people are voting for it. It's not a game that seems to get a lot of love around here.

Without Telegames, CD, and homebrew games; this takes away 95 percent of the games I play on a regular basis and leaves me with less than 10 games on your list. So I choose a few games I have some interest in adding to my collection.

If it was solely about the games you play on a regular basis, it wouldn't be much of a HSC. Part of the fun in this is digging out some games you haven't played in a while, or putting forth an honest effort on games you might not have given much time before. :)

Again though, the primary reason for no Telegames, CD or Homebrew games in the HSC is that, in terms of those who play here, there are less people that have access to them than there are those that do not. I'd rather not have another Dino Dudes turnout, which is what will happen if any of those items are played here.

Wow, who'd have thought Zoop would be a frontrunner. It's a good little puzzler, but it needs good twitch movements so I usually break out the genesis version if I feel like playing. Should be interesting to see what kind of scores people can get on the Jag with its famous D-pad.

Edited by Lentzquest

Wow, who'd have thought Zoop would be a frontrunner. It's a good little puzzler, but it needs good twitch movements so I usually break out the genesis version if I feel like playing. Should be interesting to see what kind of scores people can get on the Jag with its famous D-pad.

Yeah, the Jag one takes a bit longer to get used to. I prefer playing it though because it actually saves your high scores, unlike other versions. :)

Without Telegames, CD, and homebrew games; this takes away 95 percent of the games I play on a regular basis and leaves me with less than 10 games on your list. So I choose a few games I have some interest in adding to my collection.

If it was solely about the games you play on a regular basis, it wouldn't be much of a HSC. Part of the fun in this is digging out some games you haven't played in a while, or putting forth an honest effort on games you might not have given much time before. :)

Again though, the primary reason for no Telegames, CD or Homebrew games in the HSC is that, in terms of those who play here, there are less people that have access to them than there are those that do not. I'd rather not have another Dino Dudes turnout, which is what will happen if any of those items are played here.

Yep, I understand your reasoning. But sometimes part of the fun is feeling you got a chance to make the podium for a game or two. :-D

And even more strange is that AVP is at the bottom of the list.

But sometimes part of the fun is feeling you got a chance to make the podium for a game or two. :-D

I once had it implemented to where where people could keep submitting scores for games even if they weren't being played in the season, with the purpose of trying to get on the "best scores" list. Someone in particular wasn't cooperative in following the rules appropriately though and made me realize it was going to be a bigger hassle than it needed to be, so I nixed the idea as a result.

And even more strange is that AVP is at the bottom of the list.

We did play it last season (and possibly the one before it). It's possible the regulars want to try something else. Personally, I can't imagine it being all that fun when playing for score (I still don't have a copy so I wasn't able to participate). I don't know, maybe it is fun, but I always thought most of the fun in AvP was the environment and the atmosphere. It seems like most of that would be lost during high score play.

Now if DOOM had scoring, that would be sweet.. ;)

*edit: Looks like we didn't play AvP this past season. It was the one before. Whoops.

Edited by Austin

Club Drive ! Club Drive !! Club Drive !!! Club Drive !!!! :grin:

Could we do a few bonus rounds for the Telegames, CD and Homebrew games? The winner could get three points, second gets two and the rest get one. I for one would really like to play some VidGrid. :)

Edited by twoquickcapri

All right everyone, I am going to give this another day or so, and then that's it. There are more polls that have to come afterwards in order to pick the game modes and settings, so it will be a few weeks at the very minimum before the next season begins.

Oh, and I have another question as well: For the upcoming poll for modes/game types, should we remove any modes that were played last season? For instance, 2000 mode would be cut in Tempest 2000, the Australia course would be cut from Super Burnout, Stones 'n Bones from Pinball Fantasies, etc., because we played them last season. I am thinking "yes" for the sake of repetition (one of the complaints in the HSC), but I want to get your opinions before making the final decision on it.

I haven't played any of the Jag HSC rounds before, but I'm pretty active in the Lynx ones. I hope I can get some scores in here too, but it will depend on which games are picked. I have a pretty good Jag collection, but I'm missing 11 of the games on this list - that's half!

• Like 1

I guess it looks like we will be playing Trevo McFur, Tempest 2000, Zoop, Checkered Flag, barring a massive surge in voting for others! I have all those, but will have to buy Flip Out!

Flip Out is one of the cheaper Jag titles, so it shouldn't hurt much to pick up a copy. I know eStarland sells them for about $14 complete in box, and about $8 cart-only. You might be able to get it for the same price (or cheaper) on eBay. :)

It looks like none of the platformers are going to make it. I'm kind of surprised, I figured two of them would make it if not all three. I think the theme for the season is going to be racing. Checkered Flag and Club Drive look like locks at this point and Atari Karts, Super Burnout, and Supercross 3D are in pretty good shape. Might as well figure out how to get Power Drive Rally in now too.

Might as well figure out how to get Power Drive Rally in now too.

No.. It's not very "high score club friendly", so I left it out. It was more of a pain than not last time we played it. :(

Something else to consider--last season was pretty platformer-heavy, with Pitfall, Zool 2, and Bubsy all being played.