IGNORED

TI Mouse

Stuart

I've been playing around with an old PC serial mouse and have it connected to my TM990 system, with a simple little sketch program on the TMS9918 VDP using a sprite for the mouse pointer. When I get my hands on a nanoPEB I'll try porting it across the TI-99.

post-31406-0-62568700-1340664503_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

If I recall correctly, the Mechatronics mouse came with a very rudimentary graphical DOS program, unfortunately too limited to be of much use...

I remember many moons ago(I didn't have a mouse) where in XB it was like a super-crude imitation of Windows 3.1. It ran other programs(which was all too easy) and had this graphical fronend. But way too slow & constrained to be of any use.

I used to have a TI disk with software on it for reading a serial mouse... Genius, I think it was? I don't have it anymore. But it did work directly to the RS232 card. There's a lot of documentation online these days, so yeah, do a web search and wire it up! (If you can still find a serial mouse, though...)

I've got a mouse-driven menu and sketch application running on the 4A now. The PC serial mouse connects directly to the serial port on the nanoPEB.

Video link here.

There's a code listing here: http://www.avjd51.ds...ng_serial_mouse.

Stuart.

That's really great!

Thanks for sharing the source code, really inspiring.

Guillaume.