IGNORED

Japanese PSN Account

Gabriel

Do any NA users here have any experience with having a Japanese PSN account? I understand that registering for an account outside your region is against the TOS. Has Sony ever taken any action to ban users doing this? Has it caused any problems?

I have the Deluxe Hybrid Pack of Macross: Do You Remember Love coming, and it includes a download code for the old PS1 Macross: DYRL game. I'm wanting to claim this content. Plus, I've been wanting to get the two Dreamy Theater games. And since Einhander doesn't seem to ever be coming to the NA store, then I might as well set my sights on that one too. However, getting my PS3 banned wouldn't be worth it.

I've had US, JP and UK accounts since 2009. No problems so far.

Edit: I forgot to add that US credit cards and PSN cards for paid downloads probably won't work for NA units anymore, since PSN checks the IP country of origin. Demos and freebies still download fine but I doubt you'll be able to actually buy anything from the JP PSN store without using a proxy. Play-Asia sells JP PSN cards if you wanted to try.

Edited by KrazyKaiju

I've had accounts for US, Japan, and UK for years too. I've downloaded region exclusive demos, full games, and PSP titles with no issues so far. I even got all the freebies from each region after PSN was hacked.

I always use PSN point cards for my Japan and UK accounts. www.japan-codes.com is the cheapest I've found and they're very reliable. You can usually get UK cards on ebay.co.uk for less than face value.

I don't know if it matters but I always download PS3 games while logged into the corresponding region, then login as my US account before installing them. All of my games work fine from my US account menu and all trophies are accumulated on my US account.

Edited by boog