IGNORED

Lynx HSC 2012 Round 7 Scrapyard Dog

roadrunner

The Lynx HSC July Game Of The Month is Scrapyard Dog.

post-22103-0-40672100-1341116253_thumb.png post-22103-0-70228300-1341116268_thumb.png

Settings - Default

Deadline to post scores is August 1st 2012

Any control setup is fine.

Emulation is ok.

No auto fire. No save states.

Screenshots are great but not mandatory.

Side challenge -

Post a picture of a dog, any dog for 1 bonus point!

BillyHW +1 point

Damon Plus +1 point

devwebcl +1 point

jblenkle +1 point

PFG 9000 +1 point

roadrunner +1 point

The Lynx HSC All Time Record is 521,270 by PFG 9000

Beat this record for a bonus point!

(Busted) 802,590 PFG 9000 +1 point

(Busted) 643,520 Damon Plus +1 point

Final high scores -

1. PFG 9000 (802,590) +11 points

2. Damon Plus (643,520) +10 points

3. roadrunner (14,040) +9 points

4. jblenkle (9,240) +8 points

5. devwebcl (5,890) +7 points

Current Point Standings -

PFG 9000 (65)

Atari_afternoon (16)

Tempest2k (49)

roadrunner (49)

BillyHW (48)

ACrystal2011 ( 8 )

Amstari (34)

Zoltan (10)

DeVaas (18)

devwebcl (10)

jblenkle (5)

Link to manual http://www.atariage....areLabelID=1856

Edited by roadrunner

The wife made me turn it off halfway through, and I don't know if I'll have time to play again this month, but this is what I've got so far.

Dscf5881.jpg

Roadrunner, this game was made in the 80s when every game had a happy ending. The titular scrapyard dog lives, but strangely enough the main character (Louie, I think?) kills hundreds of evil dog henchmen on his quest to save the pooch.

Edited by PFG 9000

The wife made me turn it off halfway through, and I don't know if I'll have time to play again this month, but this is what I've got so far.

Dscf5881.jpg

Roadrunner, this game was made in the 80s when every game had a happy ending. The titular scrapyard dog lives, but strangely enough the main character (Louie, I think?) kills hundreds of evil dog henchmen on his quest to save the pooch.

Any score is better than no score. :)

I like how pawsed is spelled.

good info :thumbsup:

I thought i read somewhere that the dog died.

I almost miss this one! I was playing yesterday but didn't do too well. I've always gotten to the fourth level or so, and the farthest I've gotten is the third Ice world level with warps. But today I've discovered you can buy more than one shield in shops! That is almost like a new life each (moreso if we think you don't lose the remaining shields even if you die). Result? I've finally beaten the game!

IMG092.jpg

I really like this game and it is surely one of the best platformers in a handheld I've tried. Even though it recycles a lot of graphic tiles, it uses it magnificiently to create lots of levels that seem different from each one. The hundreds of secrets hidden throughout the stages add a lot of replay value, and the graphics are music are nice enough. The only thing I'm not too fond is the control, and specially that it is not always clear where you can and can't step on, and that leads to many deaths. But still, a very, very good game.

And this is my dog. Isn't it cute?

IMG089.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats on beating the game. :thumbsup: That's a new Lynx HSC record score too. :thumbsup:

Cute dog :)

Yeah, congrats on finishing the game, but I don't like dogs. :)

I hope to get a score in on this game, but real life is happening right now and getting in the way. There's still lots of time though. I like how in the Lynx HSC we play a new game every month and it's easy to know and remember the deadlines.

• Like 1

Congrats on beating the game. :thumbsup: That's a new Lynx HSC record score too. :thumbsup:

Cute dog :)

Yeah, congrats on finishing the game, but I don't like dogs. :)

I hope to get a score in on this game, but real life is happening right now and getting in the way. There's still lots of time though. I like how in the Lynx HSC we play a new game every month and it's easy to know and remember the deadlines.

I like one game a month too. It gives people more time to play.

It used to be one game every 2 weeks, then one game a month.

I left it at one a month.

The deadlines are easy to remember too. :)

I almost miss this one! I was playing yesterday but didn't do too well. I've always gotten to the fourth level or so, and the farthest I've gotten is the third Ice world level with warps. But today I've discovered you can buy more than one shield in shops! That is almost like a new life each (moreso if we think you don't lose the remaining shields even if you die). Result? I've finally beaten the game!

I really like this game and it is surely one of the best platformers in a handheld I've tried. Even though it recycles a lot of graphic tiles, it uses it magnificiently to create lots of levels that seem different from each one. The hundreds of secrets hidden throughout the stages add a lot of replay value, and the graphics are music are nice enough. The only thing I'm not too fond is the control, and specially that it is not always clear where you can and can't step on, and that leads to many deaths. But still, a very, very good game.

And this is my dog. Isn't it cute?

Awesome score. Nice work! I'd love to take a shot at beating it, but the rest of the month is super busy for me. I don't think I'll have the time, and even so, you beat my score by more than 100,000, so that's setting the bar quite high. Congrats!

I was able to play through the game again. Every time I play it, I find new secrets. There must be several hundred in the game. It's really surprising how deep the game is, considering the year it came out, the handheld format, and the relative obscuraty of the Lynx.

DSCF5885.jpg

• Like 1