IGNORED

Knockout Grand Championships (Scoring thread)

Congrats to skosh :thumbsup:

I think these KO tourney's should be once every couple years.

This seems to drag on for 10 months or so.

And the Genesis HSC is dead. Off hand i don't know who won that KO tourney but that person can't defend their title in that HSC.

And not all the players who made it to the finals posted scores.

Edited by roadrunner

I personally expected to do a lot better than I did, but considering I was under medical care for nearly half of this time, and then playing catchup between this and the INTV HSC (and work), never really materialized for me.... As for the other, I don't know why he didn't.

Next season hope to have streamlined rules to prevent a 6 month qualifier (as what occured on the VCS side) to prevent a "forever drag-on", as you stated Roadrunner!

• Like 1

Congratulations to skosh, the Grand Champion!

Thank you sdamon, Liduario, and roadrunner. :) Had a great time playing these games and look forward to the next knockout. Hopefully it will be sooner than later and that I will be fortunate enough to qualify again.

Thank you cparsley for running this.

Congratulations to skosh.

Big Thanks to CParsley to hosting the contest.

I also would like to add that the contest should not be during the summer months.

And like RoadRunner mention, it need to be speed up ... maybe a 12 weeks for the console knockdown.

Something like eliminating an equal number of participants for the first 8 weeks, until 4 remains, then 1 per week.

If possible to have all the contest to end on the same week. Then a week of to decide what game will be played in the Grand Championship. Then the final round begins.

For the Grand championships, have so clear rules before the contest starts.

-End date

-maybe a rule that allows you to only update 2-3 of your scores in the final week to make sure that the scores are not posted just a few hours before the contest ends. (this is a rule added in the retrocade magazine contest ... it worked well)