IGNORED

No Pac Man Arcade for Intellivision?

Rev

I posted it to the Intellivision programming list a couple of years ago.

Where did you find it?

I remember when that was posted and I was very impressed with it, though I didn't recall it was you, Carl. I think you mentioned that you were planning on cycling GRAM for the eyes, while I mentioned I planned on multiplexing two MOBs in my version of Pac-Man.

Are you still working on Ms. Pac-Man? I imagine it'll get the DK treatment, with very faithful reproduction of sound effects and game-play. I can't wait to see it! :)

-dZ.

Yep, it was me. Of course, I'll be doing my best to make it as close as possible to the arcade and also with my own additions to hopefully make it even more appealing.

I do plan to sequence GRAM for the eyes – I just finished adding software sprites to my sprite engine and it's pretty much a perfect match for this. The mockups were drawn using that assumption, so it should look just like the screenshots.

Carl

I posted it to the Intellivision programming list a couple of years ago.

Where did you find it?

I remember when that was posted and I was very impressed with it, though I didn't recall it was you, Carl. I think you mentioned that you were planning on cycling GRAM for the eyes, while I mentioned I planned on multiplexing two MOBs in my version of Pac-Man.

Are you still working on Ms. Pac-Man? I imagine it'll get the DK treatment, with very faithful reproduction of sound effects and game-play. I can't wait to see it! :)

-dZ.

Yep, it was me. Of course, I'll be doing my best to make it as close as possible to the arcade and also with my own additions to hopefully make it even more appealing.

I do plan to sequence GRAM for the eyes – I just finished adding software sprites to my sprite engine and it's pretty much a perfect match for this. The mockups were drawn using that assumption, so it should look just like the screenshots.

Carl

So, when you say "software sprites" you meant sprites drawn on BACKTAB, right? I thought you meant multiplexed MOBs ("software-controlled"). I considered doing that for Pac-Man but I decided not to due to two factors: first, the eyes would need to match the colour of the dots, and I wanted to make the dots "Tan" not white; and second, I did not have the necessary space in GRAM to support that, due to the complexity of the maze I drew.

Because of that, I opted for multiplexing the eyes. I'm only missing one MOB for the eyes, so I was planning to cycle the "hole" across all four ghosts to make the effect less noticeable.

-dZ.

• 7 months later...