IGNORED

Last 3 games you played?

On 11/7/2022 at 7:40 AM, Chris+++ said:

Wow -- does the game have sound in newer versions of MAME, or were you just playing it silent?

(Or do you have access to an actual Destoyer cabinet??)

I wasn't playing the Atari Destroyer game of 1977 but the one from 1980 by Cidelsa...

And it was through MAME/Retroarch. I do play real cabinets also from time to time since there's an arcade near my house too.

Spy Hunter(Arcade)

Spy Hunter(NES)

Spy Hunter(ColecoVision)

Compared these three! I always thought the NES version sucked,but actually it isn't a bad port if you compare it closely to the arcade.

ColecoVision one was weird to me,and seemed not as good as the NES one. I'll try the 5200 version next!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, lushgirl_80 said:

saw KISS again in concert lately too 💥

Awesome! I hope the End of the Road Tour lasts long enough for them to get back to New Mexico. I'd like to see them again. My first KISS concert was in 1979, when I was all of 7. :D

• Like 2

Golden Axe 1 Sega Genesis on CRT 

Warp Speed Xbox S/X 

Need For Speed Unbound Xbox S/X the free ten hour trial.. loving this game and want to buy it but not for 70 bux as they always drop in price soooo fast but it's a fun arcade racer.. better than the last I don't know.. ten entries.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dr Mario (NES version)

Revenge of the Gator (GB)

Ultimate Qix (Genesis)

All played on my Analogue Pocket!

Although before all that,  I had been playing Dr. Mario like mad on my actual NES,  and I also played Revenge of the Gator on one of my actual Game Boys (one with an IPS Screen and a new Neon Green shell and new Blue Buttons and Blue Screen lens)...

1 hour ago, SegaShooters said:

It's Sega Genesis night!

MUSHA

Rolling Thunder 2

Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (look at this marvelous pic from Zone 3 of the Starlight Zone!)

Sonic1StarLightZonePic.jpg

Emu or are you a Rockefeller who owns a MUSHA cart?

I will say that Sonic 1 is underrated. Glad to see it get some love still.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rhomaios said:

Emu or are you a Rockefeller who owns a MUSHA cart?

I will say that Sonic 1 is underrated. Glad to see it get some love still.

This was played on the Kega Fusion emulator last night. Didn't feel like setting up a Genesis system and wanted a little Sonic 1 playtime before shutting down my PC.

The original Sonic The Hedgehog on the Genesis is one of my Top 5 video games of all time to this day and I have the original cart with along with the system in its box from Dec. '92 (bought from Electronics Boutique for $119.95).

As for MUSHA (also among my Top 5 video games), I owned two original copies complete in box and sold them for a few hundred $ each probably around 10 years ago.

I got very lucky acquiring one copy as I bought a Genesis system (complete in box) with a dozen or so games all complete in box and MUSHA and Mega Turrican were included.

I paid around $100 for it all from a local guy who was moving and he posted it on Craigslist.

That was a very rare stroke of luck because that haul would easily go for a good $700 today, if not much higher.

I do, however, own a Repro copy of MUSHA with its box, manual, and extras that I bought about five years ago from a guy who was doing high-quality reproductions of Genesis games using the standard ROM boards, not the Chinese-junk thicker boards that can damage the cartridge slot and as far as i'm concerned it's as good in every way as the original MUSHA cart. I paid something like $20 for it. Here's a few pics of it...

MUSHA Repro1.JPG

MUSHA Repro2.JPG

MUSHA Repro4.JPG

MUSHA Reprp3.JPG

Edited by SegaShooters
  • Like 1

I took a look on ebay and there are a number on sale for 200-300 bucks but I don't see any actually sold recently.. so who knows what the value is. 

I still have my original MUSHA cart I bought back in the day at retail. There was a lot of hype for the game, so (at the time) I just assumed anyone interested in video games would have ran out and gotten it right away just like Street Fighter. :lol:  Anyway if it starts actually selling for crazy crazy amounts who knows maybe I'd consider letting it go lol 

<edit> Woops! Last 3 games:

Actraiser Renaissance (Switch)

Final Fantasy 5  (translated SNES version on Analogue Pocket)

Pacman 99 (Switch)

yeah pretty boring I know.

Edited by NE146
  • Like 1

You guys got me thinking...

I have MUSHA right?  Sure...I remember playing it.  Never owned it back in the day,  but was thinking I got it before prices went nuts,  or am I thinking of something else?  Don't see it in one main stack of carts.  (Someone remind me to pick up the other tower of carts that toppled over...) Hmmm...Now I remember!  I got it as a repro for Mega Drive!  Found  it right next to my repro copy of Undead Line, which has a chunk of plastic in the wrapper that somehow broke off of the side of the cart...Jesus!  The "Quality Control" in Hong Kong!  (heh)

Last 3...(Played on Analogue Pocket)

Pinball Dreams (Game Boy)

Dark Cavern (VCS)

And Revenge of the Gator (Game Boy) again!  Because Pinball Dreams isn't very good...

• 4 weeks later...