IGNORED

Channel 2 wins Sniderman Mystery Cart Giveaway Contest!

Snider-man

Wow, I can see where you got "Roc N Rope!" Good guess!

But it's WRONG!

No right answers yet, so we'll give you another hint. Here are two series of words. See if these help:

Series 1: LINE, HEAD, STOP

Series 2: DANCE, BOAT, BANK

Hope this doesn't get you all mixed up. Guesses are cleared and previous guessers may take another guess. ;)

We have a winner!

Congrats to CHANNEL 2 who was able to identify the Mystery Cart - Sears' "Dare Diver" for the 2600. This cart is a rarity "5," so good job Channel 2!

And here's how the game was played: It was important to identify what two words the images in my first post represented. The first was the logo for the Grateful DEAD. The other was a picture of RIVER Phoenix (as Indiana Jones in "Last Crusade").

In a later message, I gave you two lists of words as well which hinted at these Mystery Words. Using the series, you can make new words and phrases by adding those other two "hidden" words:

Series 1: LINE, HEAD, STOP becomes DEADline, DEADhead, and DEADstop

Series 2: DANCE, BOAT, BANK becomes RIVERdance, RIVERboat, and RIVERbank.

OK< so you have the words DEAD RIVER. Well, as I often like to do, you need to anagram the letters into two other words, ALSO of a 4-letter, 5 -letter pattern. I even said "Hope this doesn't get you all mixed up." Hinting to the answer's being scrambled. Well, CHannel 2 picked up on all this and unscrambled DEAD RIVER to "DARE DIVER" - the final answer.

If Channel 2 will PM his name and address, I will drop his cart into the mail. Thanks for playing!

"Sniderman"

Message sent.

Cool, I finally won a contest. Apart from the most pathetic collection contest that is. So, do I have to wait 90 days before I can take part in any more giveaways?

I got the word list part, and interpreted 'mixed up' correctly, but at first I somehow had 'head' instead of 'dead' when I ran it through an anagram generator. I got unpromissing possibilities such as:

He Arrived

Hare Drive

Eider Harv

Hired Rave

I, Everhard

Vie Harder

Her I Raved

Hived Rear

Adherer IV

Even when I reallized my mistake, I almost didn't get it. Dare Diver is as random-sounding as any of them.