IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Thought I'd have a go at a car related image conversion. :)

Chose the 1967 Ford Mustang. (Ever since I saw it in a film once it's always been one of those which remains such a cool classic car)

Filename: fordmustangsm1_06_FIXED_Centrered.xex

320*200 letter box image  - Fixed and centrered with Sheddy's tools

104 unique colours

(image grab from Altirra with pal high artifacting enabled)

image.thumb.jpeg.81f86729827dceac95cceb97d4d3a331.jpeg

fordmustangsm1_06_FIXED_Centrered.xex

• Like 10

I had this running for days on my server until I remembered...it may have been running a crazy number of iterations based on this:

running.thumb.png.78f23a86ceea946b666484dcda648e72.png

This is an NTSC file, XL/XE palette from Altirra. 107 colors. It has horizontal banding obviously but I think I can forgive it given the color gamut.

dlaw.xex

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Can't run the program and you're experts so I just centered the image vertically and turned to 2:1 ratio.

Would be funny to see what you guys could come up with this one (I got it from AtariOnline sometime ago but now don't remember where):

399391546_borregas2x1.png.305e62016e2e1c3a7301a31d84947979.png

:roll: :P

Thanks.

:thumbsup:

Edited by José Pereira
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, José Pereira said:

Can't run the program and you're experts so I just centered the image vertically and turned to 2:1 ratio.

Would be funny to see what you guys could come up with this one (I got it from AtariOnline sometime ago but now don't remember where):

Thanks.

I love a challenge  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, José Pereira said:

Thanks.

Running it now - there's only 16 colours, hoping it should turn out quite nicely.

• Thanks 1

1195 Borregas Ave., I guess.

[Edit]

Maybe 1265 Borregas Ave... I forget now... (even though I used to drive by it everyday going to work for 5 years)

[Edit 2]

Yeah, it's 1265 Borregas Ave. (corporate headquarters)... confused internet postings can lead you astray...

atari-buildings-20140528_1195-borregas-ave-2-1024x606.thumb.jpg.d0aa7d323a12d483fb61282afb77b3c2.jpg

• Thanks 2

On 4/5/2023 at 9:24 AM, ClausB said:

Google Maps shows many buildings gone, overrun by, er, Google.

Yep, they finally swooped in and basically bought them all up. They'd been closing in for years from around the corner of the group on Caribbean Dr (on Mathilda, just before it rounds to Caribbean, right next to the city dump, interestingly... haha). I used to work at the 380 Caribbean Dr. warehouse building (Coin-Op). I know that building was bought up by Google in 2018.

Here's a short thread on Atariage talking about some details (with pictures and an edited map), back in 2020/2021: Google Destroys Atari Heritage

• Thanks 1

Hello MrFish,

I visited there once. Even non-Atari employee allowed me visit inside their former Atari building. I was on 2nd floor and took an photo outside. Nice lady that allowed me to do so !  No, I never visited the actually Atari Corporation during it was live ! Sad for me.

I wish I would love to visited during it's heyday time ! I do NOT remember what is the name of business when I was visited their former Atari building that you took the SAME photo above. 

2 hours ago, Caterpiggle said:

Hello MrFish,

I visited there once. Even non-Atari employee allowed me visit inside their former Atari building. I was on 2nd floor and took an photo outside. Nice lady that allowed me to do so !  No, I never visited the actually Atari Corporation during it was live ! Sad for me.

I wish I would love to visited during it's heyday time ! I do NOT remember what is the name of business when I was visited their former Atari building that you took the SAME photo above. 

Hi Caterpiggle,

TBH, even though I lived and worked there for about 13 years (I even lived on Borregas for a couple of years), I never really had any interest in the buildings themselves, other than just recognizing where they were, etc. I suppose its mildly interesting to note the architecture -- which I did to a certain extent; but they just seemed like typical silicon valley office buildings and warehouses to me. I do think it's worth having records for history, especially the maps, which were Atari Building Locations information sheets.

You can find a few images on the internet -- although some of them are not the greatest quality. Interestingly (when I was searching for the images I posted above), I did find this professional ad for leasing the 1196 Borregas building -- which has a few images of the inside. Nothing all that interesting; but something to hold on to for a record of the place.

[Note: the PDF has the additional shots of inside]

269993667_1196Borregas.thumb.png.172f93ae8876c82d18a6d1aaa773b22e.png

Atari 1196 Borregas (2nd Headquarters - Formerly Consumer Computer Division).pdf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Caterpiggle said:

A little off point MrFish ,

Do you know how to set-up 1400XL ROM under Altirra ? My emulator does not load real 1400XL ROM, just all released only.

@phaeron already explained what you need to do. If you need any further details, you should reply to his message in the Altirra thread.

Seven Deadly Sins anime

77 unique colours

Some yellow HPOS line errors left despite some fixed with Sheddy's RC tool

Some rich colours have come through.:D

filename: sevensinshousesm1_06_FIXED_Centered.xex

(image grab from Altirra with pal high artifacting enabled)

image.thumb.png.86f0aa53626cab0c097d86f4813feec3.png

sevensinshousesm1_06_FIXED_Centered.xex

original source image:

image.png.8516403a5d762642b908736953c9ecfe.png

• Like 6