IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

On 7/18/2022 at 6:28 PM, Gunstar said:

Too bad the 5200 doesn't have enough ram memory to display versions of Rastaconverter images though...it would be cool running a slide-show of them all from a console in the living room on a 5200 would be both stylish (proper console look instead of a computer) and cool!

On 7/18/2022 at 6:42 PM, Gunstar said:

It would be cool to have Rasta images with a slide show on the 5200 though, but there isn't enough ram for even the image, let alone a display program!

I don't have any Atari 5200 and completely don't have experience with programming on 5200.

Anyway, I decided to check if is it feasible to prepare a cartridge containing at least one RastaConverter image.

I decided to store image and PMG data on cartridge memory and raster program on RAM to avoid the hardware limitations.

My all conversions are in PAL and Atari 5200 is NTSC only, therefore I used grayscale image as a first demo.

I have checked it in Altirra but may I ask someone of you to try it on the real machine?

amarok_einstein5200.bin

• Like 1

As I said before my all conversion are in PAL, so I picked up some examples of NTSC images and converted them into Atari 5200 cartridges.

It seems that they work properly on Altirra and Atari800 emulators.

I would be happy to get a confirmation from some Atari 5200 users that attached cartridges work on the real hardware.

Below are links to the original xex files:

a8isa1_colorado_foliage.bin a8isa1_lake_irene.bin Colorado.bin HighCountryNTSC.bin

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...