IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Little bit of background on this - I'll try to keep it short.  Original image was done by my wife using Midjourney AI.  She used a photo of our dog and it produced a crazy 898,760 colour image.  I used it in a VBXE demo after reducing it to 1024 colours (was not happy with the results of how I did this).  @flashjazzcat then used it in one of his videos running the VBXE in an 800.  While working on VBXE images, I decided to write an implementation of the median cut algorithm since I could not find anything to generate > 256 colour images.  While writing / testing it, I did 2, 4, 8, etc. colour images.  I found that Rasta Convertor did a perfect implementation of the 2, 4, 8 colour images and greatly struggled with the 16 colour image.  I let it run for a billion iterations and the normal distance only dropped to 29 so I did not try the higher colour versions.  I am attaching the 4 images.

Altirra Screenshots:

Stephen_Stanley_2Colours.thumb.png.0bf1e3453b29af34242e7c43d95af399.png

Stephen_Stanley_4Colours.thumb.png.55ed2e53008e4050008480d67dfe6448.png

Stephen_Stanley_8Colours.thumb.png.c6d8771b345e3fa7ab3b510826ead0e1.png

Stephen_Stanley_16Colours.thumb.png.f41bfa435e74e363b75a87e097d9c1ff.png

My Flickr album of the originals of Psychedelic Stanley (2 through 1024 + the original):

Psychadelic Stanley

Rasta XEXs:

Stephen_Stanley_2Colours.xexStephen_Stanley_4Colours.xexStephen_Stanley_8Colours.xexStephen_Stanley_16Colours.xex

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/2/2023 at 8:08 AM, MrFish said:

So, here's the first one (of @pseudografx backgrounds) -- in RastaConverter, anyway. It solved up pretty quick, though maybe not as tough a prospect as some of the other backgrounds he made (we'll see...).

Normal Distance 0.48

pgcapitolss.thumb.png.5f4287c7cdff5ba924aa8e28907d8538.png

Fantastic.:lust: Would love to see an XEX of this and any others to run on Altirra and real A8 hardware. :D

I've only started hearing about these AI art images in recent months, but don't fully understand yet, but I think I heard that you can tell give the AI a description of something and it will interpret the description and make a piece of art out of it, and now @Stephen said a photo of their dog was given to an AI to come up with art. What other ways can such AI images be made? What are the different parameters that can be used? Photos, images, descriptions it seems. Is it pretty extensive? How about Poems or full stories? I'll do my own research I guess, but just want a bit more of an idea of what can be used to give the AI a starting point.  

15 hours ago, madness77 said:

No offense my American friends, but all over the World (except the US) the name "Football" means only one game:

handegg_orig.thumb.jpg.1c7f3d348bf8becd7e9174a9ac28c10d.jpg

;-)

You forget Canada also has our form of Football, we aren't alone. And we don't care anyway. We also have Baseball across the Americas and Japan, and Basketball and Hockey and we prefer them all over Soccer, in the high scool, college and  professional arenas.:P We'd rather start a women's professional Basketball league that nobody likes or watches than a soccer league!:rolling: That's how much we don't care.:roll: No offense to to  our friends in the rest of the world (besides Canada, we're proud to have you on board).

Edited by Gunstar

12 hours ago, Bee said:

To Further this football thing,

Two opposing towns would cook a feast and wrap it in a skin and then wage a battle to get it to one of the towns.  The winner hosted the feast.

Who wants to play?

I'd rather watch or play that than soccer! Where do I sign up?:lust:

4 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Fantastic.:lust: Would love to see an XEX of this and any others to run on Altirra and real A8 hardware. :D

Interestingly, I was busy with this over the weekend (before the soccer subject came up in this thread): Sensible Soccer

So, I didn't mess around with the IK stuff any further, yet; but I'll see if I can post some XEX's today...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

Here's London, the Torii, and @pseudografx capitol building.

I converted the Torii and London images to NTSC too, using @Sheddy's batch utility. They came out pretty well, minus a few (not really noticeable) color misses (due to RastaConverter code optimization/timing techniques).

The PAL files are all the same as the ones I posted screenshots for, above.

IKU06 PAL.xex

IKU06 NTSC.xex

IKU07 PAL.xex

IKU07 NTSC.xex

IK Capitol PAL.xex

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrFish said:

I was able to edit most (all but 2 pixels) of the skin for this in Graph2Font. They all look a bit pale in the original conversaion. I'll adjust the color before processing the original over again later.

IK Capitol SS.png

IK Capitol PAL (2).xex 22.49 kB · 2 downloads

This one I believe I can do easily with just DLI's using the A8 art program Rambrandt and it will look the same, a low color count. In fact, I believe I can improve it with more color using just DLI's. Give those trees some brown trunks, etc.

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

This one I believe I can do easily with just DLI's using the A8 art program Rambrandt and it will look the same, a low color count.

Low color count total; but the catch is, you've got 3 greens + 3 grays + white (and some cases where you can add blue to that), all on multiple single lines. Even on the upper part, 3 grays + white + blue on single lines is going to put you over...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

This one I believe I can do easily with just DLI's using the A8 art program Rambrandt and it will look the same, a low color count. In fact, I believe I can improve it with more color using just DLI's. Give those trees some brown trunks, etc.

Yes sir, I guess I should have zoomed in more, I didn't see quite all the green and grey shades in there. Still, I think I will give it an attempt using Rambrandt with it's limitations, not to try to get a 1-1 copy, and not for something that could go into IK/IK+, but just a similar image using less colors per scan line, but more color overall in a similar image. It's been years since I used Rambrandt, but I think one of the modes might have been a 5 color mode including the background color. Maybe not, maybe it's only a 4 color mode.

But either way, I'll see what I can come up with just for fun. Not to post in this thread either, I'll start a new thread for graphic images using only Atari graphic art programs, but have it include any art program made on the Atari for any graphic mode, including ones made to use software modes using mixed mode DLI/VBI's. I've been itching to get back into Atari graphics with available art programs on the Atari anyway and see what I can accomplish. I used to use a few back in the day and made a number of graphic images that are long lost, but that was also long before I was college educated in proper art techniques.

I also never tried restricting myself to less than full screen so I could use them in graphic text adventure programs which is something I started teaching myself programming for, as well as hacking old graphic text programs that were released that never took advantage of DLI's, just to improve the graphics in those games that only used 4/5 colors. Keeping the basic original artwork, but just adding in more color with DLI's with some, but also creating some graphics from scratch, with the same basic subject matter or scenes, to match the text descriptions, but my own art.

All right, I won't derail this thread any further with my ideas...

Edited by Gunstar

more useless 'statistics' over half the population could care less, and do. They even count kids held for hostage who don't like sports at all. Nice assumptions though. Let's count everyone who has seen a soccer game and try to put them in the foot the ball category.

Edited by _The Doctor__

This one's almost done.

There were a few mis-colored pixels in @pseudografx's original image, on top of the "O" in the word DEMO. I didn't notice this until after I started processing for a while. I was able to fix the PAL version in Graph2Font, but the version converted to NTSC retains it (for the time being). I'll have fix the colors in the source and reprocess for a corrected NTSC version (same as with the last image for the skin color). I did adjust the skin color before processing this time. So, that's all correct for PAL and NTSC.

Normal Distance: 0.83

1447828989_IKTajSS.thumb.png.2411aae7dc60e3043f33f960c346d9c8.png

IK Taj PAL (2).xex

IK Taj NTSC.xex

• Like 12