IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

13 hours ago, devwebcl said:

It is not available anymore?

He actually posted a new version, and renamed it. He was working on the glitch (mentioned above), in the new version; but be aware, the new version has another glitch that I recently reported (screen filled with horizontal lines, sometimes, when background scenes switch). I'm sure he's working on that at the moment. Anyone with real hardware should report any additional issues.

[Edit]

The issue with the latest version might be an NTSC only problem, as I've not noticed it in PAL yet.

International Karate RC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 12:06 PM, MrFish said:

He actually posted a new version, and renamed it. He was working on the glitch (mentioned above), in the new version; but be aware, the new version has another glitch that I recently reported (screen filled with horizontal lines, sometimes, when background scenes switch). I'm sure he's working on that at the moment. Anyone with real hardware should report any additional issues.

[Edit]

The issue with the latest version might be an NTSC only problem, as I've not noticed it in PAL yet.

International Karate RC

BTW, work is ongoing with this -- and posted on his site at each step. If you download the version linked to here, there are many new backgrounds that have been added. Also, the glitches (horizontal lines / crash) in NTSC are gone.

• Thanks 1

Cradle Mountain National Park, Tasmania. 92 colors.

CradleMountainNPTasmania.png.7b92b594b0de6f5a7f30c80aff0ed174.png

GS_CradleMtNPTasmania.xex

December Falls, Devils Lake State Park, Wisconsin. 74 colors.

GS_DecemberFalls.xex

DecemberFalls.png.8d869837948003dda384aa98085ec65e.png

Lake Morraine, Banff National Park, Canada. 107 colors. 

LakeMoraineBanffNPCanada.png.f0915cf3f18545e4b76649a60d525f9f.png

GS_LakeMoraineBanffNPCanada.xex

Plitvice National Park, Croatia. 64 colors.

PlitviceNPCroatia.png.8e8a8856ea46967c258f958e1cdc4319.png

GS_PlitviceNPCroatia.xex

Lazy Lions. 75 colors.

LazyLions.png.5497a7b8ddd0cac733e3ff3d365ed4a5.png

GS_LazyLions.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 23

considering a Rose by any other name will still smell as sweet, I offer up a choice here. Upon pondering a title for this image conversion (source image file name was numbers and random letters), because nothing popped into my head instantly, I imagined a back story to help choose a name for the image. But two different back stories regarding the image is what my imagination came up with, so I leave it up to you which name you prefer. Exact same .xex image, different names.

The Mad Mutineer. 57 colors.

MadMutineer.png.44d490f73b1d54c8b49402a48319e60d.png

Lieutenant Johnson didn't see much sense in wasting time and dwindling fuel to leave that madman stranded on a deserted moon after the ship was retaken...(and with a perfectly good space suit)...considering the only way to stop him before he initiated the vessel's self destruct was to flood a compartment with gamma radiation. 

He explained the entire incident clearly and in great detail in his report to Capcom, but apparently no one bothers to read beyond the first sentence, so during communications with Capcom he again tried to explain,  but they just told him to shut up and do it, the order came from the highest levels.

Man! did he hate Beurocrats! But orders were orders!

GS_MadMutineer.xex

Slow Captain Joe. 57 colors.

SlowCaptainJoe.png.1f0e6179521d1be0321b448747b75326.png

Repeat Capcom? Did you say Gamma Radia...

Capcom knew Captian Joe was a bit slow on comprehension, but he was a paradigm of a specimin in nearly every other way, and they trained him for quick tigger reactions as well as any monkey!

It took minutes for Captain Joe's response to reach Capcom. He only had seconds...

That was all the audio transmition, along with this video image that appeared after the audio.

Don't question authority! Ready stations!

GS_SlowCaptainJoe.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

@Gunstar, your story has 15 minutes for edit. Camcom/Capcom etc. What are pictorial differences?

as I said in the opening paragraph, it's the same exact image I just couldn't decide which back story and image name I preferred...so if you like the image, download the .xex name you prefer.

Edited by Gunstar

1 minute ago, Albert said:

@Gunstar, you can now edit the post indefinitely if you need to change anything. 

..Al

Thanks Al, but I got the warning in time to edit capcom/camcom...I didn't catch anything else upon further review. Let me know if there are more errors/typos I missed. That's why writers have others do editing...;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

as I said in the opening paragraph, it's the same exact image I just couldn't decide which back story and image name I preferred...

That's understood, it's the story that's cool, glad you got the typo. It is a perfectly good suit! Thanks for a nice diversion. Spaced Mutineer!

I love it!

Edited by _The Doctor__
he got a typo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

That's understood, it's the story that's cool, and I'd suspect that there were typos. It is a perfectly good suit! Thanks for a nice diversion.

I just posted the same image twice so it was right in front of you to view and go along with each story. an assumtion on my part as my screen resolution requires scrolling to see my entire post, so you wouldn't have seen the image while reading the second story.

Edited by Gunstar

@_The Doctor__I think it was more a case of me misunderstanding your question the first time, and then attempting to answer that question correctly a second time quoting your response to my first attempt, (which may confuse the flow of the conversation) once I understood my first answer was focusing on the wrong aspect of what you quoted me saying, and I re-answered the initial question as per my realizing the first answer was not the part of what you quoted on me that you wanted an answer too? If you can follow that convoluted explantion...

• Like 1

Somehow it makes perfect sense to me. On the other hand, my other half tried to read all of it and her head imploded. I am now both happy and sad. I leave it to the reader to sus out the reasons why and which things made me happy or sad.

Both missions accomplished :)

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, drpeter said:

黄山  (Huang Shan)

Mountains in southern China, Anhui province (Wikipedia link).

30 colours.

output.png

drpeter_HuangShan.xex 22.13 kB · 1 download

It's quite sad that what was once one of the most beautiful looking countries in the world has to have such an idiotic and evil government. (not trying to get political) Great pic though!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...